icon

528T for windows?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
grundler1975 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2003 at 5:59 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 97 328i convertible bmw, Can I use a 528T or 2 to send a pulse to the switch in the dash that runs the top and the windows? If you hold the button it will put all 4 windows down and the top and it will put all 4 windows up and the top! I have a 530T but I'm not sure I need that sinch I have one touch already andI don't think I could hook up all 4 windoes anf the top to it. By the way the top is touchless and it latches and unlatches itself.
AlarmTech 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2003 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
i don't see why not, although a 529T may not even be needed, depending on the alarm you have, a timed or validity output AUX channel could work as well. Also, since i'm 99.9% sure the switch is just a link to a control module, the 529T may not even work.
you'd have to test the dash switch wire(s) for their (its) operation. and that will determine what is to be used (if possible) to duplicate the switches action.
check for polarity when pressed, as well as voltage.
Viper Equipped

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic