the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

alarm, keyless, remote start, 01 sunfire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ceasar326 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2009 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  

Were are u testing from

*1 if vehicle is WITHOUT Factory Keyless entry it is a TYPE C Door Locking system and MUST be tested from the PASSENGER SWITCH, if vehicle has Factory keyless Entry it is a TYPE A Door Locking System.

have you try that.

stanzz 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2009 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
testing from the new alarm for pos. voltage. my car has factory keyless, but can you give more info. about type A door locking system?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2009 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
Look at the diagramme that comes with your alarm, type A is negative. Out of those 6, 2 will not be used, the Normally closed or NC, will go to ground, the NO or normally open pair and 2 the common  wires or lock/unlock  outputs go to the light blue and white wires that Mr. Idiot showed you in his first post.
stanzz 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2009 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  
here's my wiring diagram.....(i need step by step,no lol) you say to ground the Ncs, and then what. thx in advance.
alarm, keyless, remote start, 01 sunfire - Page 3 -- posted image.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2009 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, typo or brain not working, it's exactly as in your diagramme, cut the NCs  ground the NOs and the other two go to the light blue and white on the car.
moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2009 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  

I checked the schematic on 01 sunfire, If it comes with factory keyless entry then it is a type "A" positive triggered doorlocks.

That means you need to connect the NOs to a fused 12v+ power supply and the white to blue, WHITE/ black to white on the car.

stanzz 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2009 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
well the white &(WHITE/ black) wires already have fuses. does this mean i should still add fuses to the remaining No wires?
moonliter 
Copper - Posts: 322
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 21, 2009 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
In that case, connect the white & WHITE/ black to +12v constant. orange to blue (lock) & yellow/black to white (unlock) on the car. No more fuses needed on NOs.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2009 at 2:28 AM / IP Logged  
Look carefully at the many posts you received on this. One person told you the lock trigger wires were neg, someone else, Moonliter more recently told you they were pos going.  I suggest you test for yourself.  Shut other doors on vehicle, throw lock catch on open door where you are working, take a DMM set to ohms, ground the black probe and place the other probe on your suspected lock, unlock wires. If this works, then they are neg. If this doesn't work, red probe to 12v+ then black to each.  That way you will know whether these triggers are neg or pos. If neg, you ground your NOs. If pos you supply them with 12v+.
stanzz 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2009 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  
thx guys, i will let you know how i'm doing.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic