icon

Best Amp!!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
paultman 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2003 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged  

think about the Rockford 400s, u can find them for $163 and they are stable at 2ohm, mine puts out 854 and my friends nearly 900.  And the power is CLEAN!

Paul

Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2003 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
exactly how are you measuring that amp that you claim to be getting 854 Watts?
that number seems quite far fetched if I am thinking of the same amp...
Big Purds 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2003 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
I just went to Rockfords site, and they claim 800W PEAK, and their peak claim is usually optimistic...remember that Rockford measures their amps at 14.4 volts as well, not 12 V like some of the better companies...
now, your claim of 854W seems way out to lunch...especially after seeing what Rockford estimates the amp at...I bet that the amp wont put out more than 450W RMS...and that is being optimistic...it may put out a reasonably clean 425W, but I doubt you are anywhere near 500W, let alone 850-900...
esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2003 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  

I forgot what the certificate says when you buy the RF amps...do they tell you the RMS power or the peak power?  Assuming that 854 watts is from the certificate and its the peak power, it has little real-world meaning.  Also, 2-ohm stable could mean anything.  These amps are NOT stable when bridged to a 2ohm load.  Their minimum impedence is 4 ohms bridged and 2 ohms stereo.

I'm not saying it isn't a good amp...but let's make sure we've all got the correct specs for it.

Big Purds 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2003 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
I think its been a while since I have even bothered looking at a RF birth sheet, but I am pretty sure they list rms power...I know that they have started to measure at 14.4 Volts to beef up the look of the numbers too...when other companies with less claimed power are still measuring at 12V...
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic