icon

viper 160xvl, 04 pacifca

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
svt1999f150 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2009 at 11:18 PM / IP Logged  
I bought a viper 160xvl and I am installing it in a 04 chrysler pacifica and I need some help with the wiring. I am using a chdl5-pk2 bypass module. If someone could tell me how to wire it that would be great. I have an idea where most of them go but I just want to make sure before I begin the install.
Here is a link to the wiring diagram of the bypass module:
chdl5-pk2 wiring diagram
Here is a link to the install guide for the viper 160xvl
160xvl install manual
Any help would be great.
jinstall 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2009 at 2:40 PM / IP Logged  
our shop has had people taking their remote starters out of pacificas. they don't really program well. I wish you good luck
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2009 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
so why are you pulling them out?
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2009 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  

12 VOLT CONSTANT  Connect to BATTERY ONLY    
 STARTER YELLOW (+)  IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS  
 STARTER 2 PURPLE / BROWN (-) See NOTE *1 IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS  14301_PACIFICA_CHRYSLER PACIFICA STARTER 2 DIAGRAM.pdf
 IGNITION 1 PINK/GRAY (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS 
 IGNITION 2 N/A   
 IGNITION 3 N/A    
 ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 1 N/A    
 ACCESSORY /HEATER BLOWER 2 N/A    
 KEYSENSE N/A    
 PARKING LIGHTS ( - ) BROWN / WHITE (-) See NOTE *2  @ HEADLIGHT SWITCH, See DIAGRAM   14301_PACIFICA_CHRYSLER PARKING LIGHT DIAGRAM.pdf
 PARKING LIGHTS ( + ) DO NOT USE!    
 POWER LOCK PURPLE / LIGHT BLUE (1-Wire Door Lock System) See NOTE *3  @ DRIVERS DOOR SWITCH ASSEMBLY, on the DRIVERS DOOR PANEL, See DIAGRAM   14893_PACIFICA_CHRYSLER PACIFICA 1 WIRE JBS UNITS.pdf
 POWER UNLOCK Same wire, See DIAGRAM  See DAIGRAM   32591_PACIFICA_CHRYSLER PACIFICA 1 WIRE ALERT SHELBY UNITS.pdf
 LOCK MOTOR WIRE TAN/WHITE (+)  @ DRIVERS DOOR SWITCH ASSEMBLY, on the DRIVERS DOOR PANEL  
 DOOR TRIGGER See NOTE *4  @ DRIVERS DOOR SWITCH ASSEMBLY, on the DRIVERS DOOR PANEL, See NOTE *4   4099_PACIFICA_(-) NEGATIVE DOOR PIN ISOLATION CIRCUIT.pdf
 DOMELIGHT SUPERVISION TURNS ON with UNLOCK    
 TRUNK RELEASE PURPLE / TAN (-) See NOTE *6  @ BCM, Plug C3, Pin 7, See NOTE *5  
 SLIDING POWER DOOR N/A    
 HORN DARK GREEN/ PURPLE (-)  @ STEERING COLUMN HARNESS  
 TACH ANY wire that is NOT BROWN / WHITE  @ Any COIL or FUEL INJECTOR  
 WAIT TO START LIGHT N/A    
 BRAKE WHITE/ DARK GREEN (+)  @ SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL  
 FACTORY ALARM DISARM  DISARMS WITH UNLOCK    
 ANTI-THEFT CHRYSLER'S SENTRY KEY, A TRANSPONDER SYSTEM  TRANSPONDER @ IGNITION SWITCH TUMBLER  
NOTES
 NOTE *1 This vehicle requires a Special Circuit Connection to power up the Hearter/Blower Accessory circuit, and Starter/Cranking circuit, this will require an extra Relay Part #775 and 180 Ohm resistor. to connect, See DIAGRAM. For the wires and Identification, See the PICTURE Below
NOTE *2 This vehicle requires a Special Circuit Connection to power up the PARKING LIGHTS, it will require an extra Relay part #775 and a (-)Negative thru a 920 Ohm Resistor, to connect. See DAIGRAM. To see the wire and location, See the PICTURE Below
NOTE *3 This vehicle uses a Special 1-Wire Door Lock Circuit that requires extra parts. To LOCK requires a (-)Negative thru a 1800 Ohm Resistor and to UNLOCK requires a (-)Negative thru a 750 Ohm Resistor, some units will also require 2 extra relays part #775 See DIAGRAM. To see the wire and location, See the PICTURES Below
SPECIAL NOTE * On base model vehicles, the PURPLE / LIGHT BLUE (DOOR LOCK/UNLOCK wire) is not in the BLACK 20-PIN Plug at the DOOR SWITCH ASSEMBLY on the Drivers Door, you will need to ADD this wire to the Pin location in the BLACK Plug at this Door Switch Assembly in a BLACK 20-Pin Plug. The location is PIN 13, in the 20-PIN BLACK Plug. The open pin 13 is between Pin 12, an ORANGE / TAN wire and Pin 14, a LIGHT BLUE/WHITE wire in this BLACK Plug. For a Picture see it Below.
NOTE *4 This vehicle uses 4 door trigger wires, the DRIVERS DOOR is a PURPLE (-) in the DRIVERS DOOR at the DRIVERS DOOR SWITCH ASSEMBLY attached to the Drivers Door Panel, the PASSENGER DOOR is a PURPLE / WHITE (-) in the passenger door at the PASSENGER DOOR SWITCH ASSEMBLY, the DRIVERS REAR DOOR is a PURPLE / GRAY (-) at the BCM, Plug C2, Pin 8 and the PASSENGER REAR DOOR is a PURPLE / YELLOW (-) at the BCM, Plug, C3, Pin 5. When connecting to an ALARM SYSTEM use all 4 wires and DIODE ISOLATE, See DIAGRAM, for the location of the wires see the Pictures below.
NOTE *5 The BCM (Body Control Module) is located on the DRIVERS SIDE FIREWALL under the DASH. See PICTURE Below
NOTE *6 If this wire is for the POWER LIFTGATE to operate, send a (-) Negative thru a 4700 Ohm Resistor to operate.

You can find more information here: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~60530

The bypass module wiring should be striaght forward, from the manual.

Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
svt1999f150 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2009 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for the replies.
Do the all the wires from the bypass go to the remote starter?
loneranger 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2009 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
Did you read the bypass installation manual?
svt1999f150 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2009 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
the only thing i have for the bypass is this:
http://www.bypasskit.com/getdocument.aspx?documentid=152
loneranger 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2009 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  

svt1999f150 wrote:
Do the all the wires from the bypass go to the remote starter?

No. What part of the bypass installation are you confused with?

svt1999f150 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2009 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
do the wires go to the remote start. except the data, neg, and gnd?
loneranger 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2009 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
No, not all of them. I think I understand your mis-conception. If you look at the diagram for the bypass, all the wires lead into a plug. If you look at the plug, it has labels as "input" or "ouput". This will give you the conception you need to complete the installation. I could tell you where every wire goes, if it comes to that. However, it would be better if you understood it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic