icon

DEI 1100D Performance

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pervitizm 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2003 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  
What's the word on this amp? I'm mostly intrested in anyone who's running this amp at a 1ohm load. How does it handle this load? Does it overheat alot? Will I need a fan to cool it, even though I plan on installing it on top of my subbox?
Thanks
live & die 4 tha luv of BASS!!!!
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2003 at 1:22 AM / IP Logged  
the 1100Ds are a real workhorse...they dont have any problems sustaining 1 ohm for long periods of time as long as you have a charging system that can feed it the current...I cant really foresee any cooling issues either really either...if its on the top of the sub box it should be fine, as long as its got some room to breathe...as a precautionary manner, I typically install amps using some sort of spacer, to ensure that there is a little room underneath the amp so air can circulate some on the bottom...
dragonrage 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2003 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged  
Hmm, that spacer idea is good (for a class AB amp), I should try that...Anyway, I won't comment on how good this amp is because I don't own one, but I will mention that their site quotes it having a SNR of 88dB and damping factor of 50. Even Lanzar amps have a better SNR. But DEI is a pretty respected brand so maybe it really is better than their site says? If anyone has some insight on that, I'm a bit curious too.
2009 Pontiac G8 in planning stage
HU: ?
Speakers: ?
Amps: ?
pervitizm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2003 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, that's good to here cause I was thinking about getting one. There a place here in Michigan called ABC warehouse, anyway they sell the amp for about $600 but I was quoted a price for $525. So do you think that's a good buy or could I find the amp somewhere else cheaper?
dragonrage 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2003 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  

Those specs aren't good. I've been seeing a lot of them on Ebay for around $200. But for that price, I'd get an Earthquake or something.

2009 Pontiac G8 in planning stage
HU: ?
Speakers: ?
Amps: ?
pervitizm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2003 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
What about this Hifonic amp I found on sounddomain.
http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/HIFBX1500D
Let me know what you think about that
AlarmTech 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2003 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
I've been pushing my 600d at 1ohm for ~3 years now. No problems at all. They are totally solid amps and worth the money. I also run a model 500 4ch, Studio Neo speakers (3way and 2way comps) and all DEI wiring.
(could ya tell i was a dealer...DEI 1100D Performance -- posted image. )
Viper Equipped
Big Purds 
Silver - Posts: 574
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2003 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
the DEI is a better amp that that Hifonics IMO...I honestly havent heard the Hifonics, but have noticed a small decline in quality in almost every new generation of Hifonics amps...nothing like the old surfboard Colossus Hifonics...now that thing was an amp!
and you can buy the DEIs on ebay for cheaper than 525, but I have never seen one go for 200 new (or I would own it :D) but I think you would have to ask Alarmtech about warranty, I am not sure how many online dealers are authorized and can provide warranty...
dragonrage 
Copper spacespace
pervitizm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2003 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
Call me funny but I just don't really trust Ebay. True they have some great deal, but your dealing directly with people you have to put your trust in and I just don't trust people that much. Especially those that I don't know trying to sell me something(that not a retail store).
Anyway, I've looked at the earthquake amp as well but I've heard from other fourms that it has cliping problems at lower ohm loads and isn't that reliable. But hey, I'm just trying to get as many opinions as possible. All I need is a solid amp that can give me around 1500 rms at either a 4ohm(which doesn't cost over a grand, or 1 ohm.
Right now I have the DEI at the top of my list followed by the Hifonic, Adire Rev15000.1D, Concept, Cadence and the Memphis MOJO(If I can get this amp for under $800 then its the one I'll get hands down). Are there any other amps out there I should concider besides these 6 for under $800 that's not on eBay?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic