viper 5901 08 toyota tundra remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
1badtundra 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2009 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
kgerry wrote:

does it start if you disconnect the bypass module and put a key in the ignition (not turned)?   if it does, you have a bypass module issue, if not, either a tach issue or the unit is not programmed for Automatic tranny....

the 5901 gives you a certain # of light flashes when it fails, count the # of times the parking lights flash and then check the manual to see what that # corresponds to.....    

also, did you ground the BLACK/ white NSS wire on the 5901?  this has to be grounded as well as using the toggle switch on these new units....

I disconnected the module and still have to turn the key for the truck to start once i press remote start.
I checked the wires on the ignition harness with a voltmeter.
1. Ignition
2. starter wire , then cut it and checked and the starter would not engage. So this is the correct wire.
3. Accesory
H3/1 (5701)     Pink     (+)     Ignition 1 Input/Output     Ignition 1     Light Green     (+)     J9 Pin 1
H3/2 (5701)     RED / White     (+) 30A FUSED     Fused Ignition 2 / Flex Relay Input 87     Constant 12V (+) Source     User Defined     (+)     #10 User Supplied Wire
H3/3 (5701)     Orange     (+)     Accessory Output     Accessory 1     Gray     (+)     J9 Pin 2
H3/4 (5701)     Violet     (+)     Starter Output (Starter Side Of The Starter Kill Wire)     Starter Output (Starter Side Of The Starter Kill Wire)     Dark Green     (+)     J9 Pin 7
H3/5 (5701)     Green     (+)     Starter Input (Key Side Of The Starter Kill Wire)     Starter Input (Key Side Of The Starter Kill Wire)     Dark Green     (+)     J9 Pin 7
H3/6 (5701)     Red     (+) 30A FUSED     Ignition 1 Power Input     Constant 12V (+) Source     User Defined     (+)     #10 User Supplied Wire
H3/7 (5701)     Pink/White     (+)     Ignition 2 / Flex Relay Output     Ignition 2     Black     (+)     J9 Pin 6
H3/8 (5701)     Pink/Black          Flex Relay Input 87A Key Side (If Required) Of Flex Relay                    
H3/9 (5701)     RED / Black     (+) 30A FUSED     Accessory/Starter Power Input     Constant 12V (+) Source     User Defined     (+)     #10 User Supplied Wire
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2009 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
I hope your not trying to power the vehicle's GREY key-sense wire. If not, did you inadvertantly re-program the flex-relay for anything other than IGN. Otherwise, it sounds like a by-pass issue.
Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
1badtundra 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2009 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
kgerry wrote:

does it start if you disconnect the bypass module and put a key in the ignition (not turned)?   if it does, you have a bypass module issue, if not, either a tach issue or the unit is not programmed for Automatic tranny....

the 5901 gives you a certain # of light flashes when it fails, count the # of times the parking lights flash and then check the manual to see what that # corresponds to.....    

also, did you ground the BLACK/ white NSS wire on the 5901?  this has to be grounded as well as using the toggle switch on these new units....

Well it is now working. I had the 12V for the remote start harness hooked up to ground instead of 12V+.   I want to run wires to my tailgate and would like to know for the magnetic solenoids if 20 gauge is enough?
1badtundra 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2009 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
I have an issue. If I tap from the remote start auxilliary output blue wire to the key sense the truck doesn't like it....
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2009 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  

1badtundra wrote:
I want to run wires to my tailgate and would like to know for the magnetic solenoids if 20 gauge is enough?

No. I would recommend 14ga or better. I can't answer your above post, as there is not enough information. Elaborate on "the truck doesn't like..".

Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
1badtundra 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2009 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
loneranger wrote:

1badtundra wrote:
I want to run wires to my tailgate and would like to know for the magnetic solenoids if 20 gauge is enough?

No. I would recommend 14ga or better. I can't answer your above post, as there is not enough information. Elaborate on "the truck doesn't like..".

Thanks man 14 gauge it is then :)... I have another problem. When I have the alarm armed and go inside the house and come out 1 hour later and remote start the truck the oem alarm goes off...
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2009 at 6:47 AM / IP Logged  
This is because you don't have the keysense wire connected correctly. The keysense needs to see a ground during the entire RS process to turn the OEM alarm off....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
1badtundra 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2009 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  

Mike M2 wrote:
This is because you don't have the keysense wire connected correctly. The keysense needs to see a ground during the entire RS process to turn the OEM alarm off....

From the DEI it is the RS-OUT/5 Blue wire which is connected to the Key Sense wire which is the grey wire in the 2 wire connector on the left side of the ignition.   I am also using this BLue wire to send the ground to the PKT2 ground when armed..   Do i need to diode isolate these 2 wires?

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 05, 2009 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
use blue "status" for one and Blue/white "second status" for the other
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
1badtundra 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2009 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  

kgerry wrote:
use blue "status" for one and Blue/white "second status" for the other

Thanks.  I will try that when I get home and report back.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic