icon

ct 5010 in 2008 ford ranger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aurora24 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2009 at 1:25 AM / IP Logged  
Hi. I'm looking to install a ProStart CT-5010 remote start on a 2008 Ford Ranger. I realize I have to use an immobilizer by-pass of some kind. My dealer is unable to help me because he says they send theirs to an outside dealer for installs. I have researched a Ford  site, and 8L3Z-19G365-BA  is stated as a bi-directional interface kit #4.4, and 7L2Z-19G365-AA is stated as a Securilok interface kit #4. Both are for Ford 2007-2009
products. My question is would either do my remote, as it is not a 2-way remote, or does it even mater. I am trying to keep the install easy with less wires to cut or tap into. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2009 at 2:18 AM / IP Logged  
Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2009 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  
the 8L3Z-19G365-BA   will work for your truck you need 2 programmed keys to program it   i use them all the time no problems yet   i like it because the ring for the ingition has double sided tpe to stick it to the front of the PATS ring
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
aurora24 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2009 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks chev104275 and loneranger, for the speedy replies. I had been in touch with a Ford representative at http://www.fordpartspeople.com/, and their reply on using either 8L3Z-19G365-BA or 7L2Z-19G365-AA was if my remote was not a Ford factory remote, their interface will not work. We are sorry that we are unable to help. I have read of others using both of these with their remotes, but after their reply was cautious to order from them. The reason I was looking at the Ford part rather then the the links loneranger gave was cheaper and less wiring, to splice into. Can you tell me where the wires go on the 8L3Z-19G365-BA  interface? I know from a picture that 2 wires go to the ring for the ingition, but where do the other wires go. I suspect it would be 12V power and the other ground out when running. Can you confirm this?

Thanks

chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2009 at 5:40 PM / IP Logged  
the wires on the bypass are a red and a black on the ford starter systems it plugs right in   if your using an aftermarket system you just cut the connector off and put the red to a constant power and the black to your Ground when running output ive done this many times it works fine   (i have it on my truck) the other 2 are black and go to the ring    the only difference in the 7L2Z and the 8L3Z is the ring on the 8L3Z is updated   ive had to replace a bunch of the 7L2Z with 8L3Z because of this so i would go with the 8L3Z kit
aurora24 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2009 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks chev104275. 8L3Z-19G365-BA is  the route I will go then. After 30+ years in the military, the rest should be easy.
aurora24 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2009 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  

chev104275, I have the  8L3Z-19G365-BA   module now, but how do I get it over my ignition ??? Tried to pull it off, any sugestions? Does it fit over or under the transponder on the column.

Thanks.

chev104275 
Posted: April 06, 2009 at 7:04 AM / IP Logged  
the ing cyl comes out i cant remember which one but one of these will work remove the column shroud turn the key to the full on 2 clicks and under neither the cylinder there is a button that will be able to be relesed once the cyl is in the right spot you will need somthing small like a straight pick   if the 2 clicks doesnt work try one click     once the cyl is out put the ring on the outside towards the key it just fits so make sure you have it centered or you can break it putting the cyl back in    good luck
aurora24 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2009 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  

All wired up and most of the system is working right. I have 3 questions.

1. My priority door lock unlocks all doors, just like regular unlock, not drivers door only. I  wired my priority   unlock with a 5 wire reverse polarity relay. How do I get it to unlock drivers door first? Does it possibly have the wrong pulse timing to it?

2. Shock sensor has a 4 pin plug with an extra green wire that is not in the install manual. I metered it and get  continuity if I tap sensor lightly in armed mode. Should it be grounded, or what?

3. The chirps are loud. Can I shorten the pulse to them?

Thanks.

chev104275 
Posted: April 11, 2009 at 6:37 AM / IP Logged  
i couldnt find the CT 5010 but the only other one i found that has door prioity is the CT5072 and the BLACK/ brown off that one sends a ground pulse on the second unlock button press if thats the same as yours then your unlock wire should go to the drivers door unlock relay you added and the BLACK/ brown should go to the unlock wire in the truck
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic