the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

what type of oem lock used in ford focus?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2009 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
No they are not. In Euro models they are the colour I stated.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,428
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2009 at 12:05 PM / IP Logged  
sorry howie i misread the post yes they are the colors you stated
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2009 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  
Actually Chevy it caught me out because I thought all the wiring was identical up to 2005. I've done a US spec version and I can't remember it being different, it had the GEM box in the same place (right hand above passenger's right foot), I just had to mod  the lights to bring it to Euro spec on the alarm. Now we have the ST and the RS,  very fast and furious using the Volvo 5cylinder turbo engine, it's a strange mixture of Ford and Volvo parts and wiring, use Volvo/LandRover transponder by-pass etc etc.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,428
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2009 at 8:22 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks good to know Howie   just looking over the ford diagrams and the focus was the same until 2005-2006 gem above the passenger foot well   wire colors too   for the locks anyway    wow 5 cylinder turbo must be fairly quick we have the 2.0 and 2.3 here no turbos
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2009 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  
US and UK (Europe but with R/H/Drive) were identical in part placement and wiring colours until 2005 except lock/unlock and indicatorflash/light flash. North America uses amber running lights and red rear white front indicators. The rest of the world uses amber indicators and white front red rear running (side) lights. The Uk spec  used blue and blue/red for indicators, US had blue, blue/red and 2 other blue primary colours.
mrsinger 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2009 at 2:14 AM / IP Logged  
  Thanks for your help howie | | I couldn't find no lock wires in a drivers side, just burned a couple of fuses testing wires.. :) but found them rigth away behind the glove box, and it was as you've said - BLACK/ green and BLACK/ orange. Everything is connected and working fine :) Just one more question, I've noticed, that sometimes without even touching door locks doors are givins some clicking sound, like trying to lock or unlock. It doesnt lock or unlock, it's just this clicking sound. Any ideas what's wrong? Could be some short wire or bad contact somewhere?

once more, thanks for help!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2009 at 2:42 AM / IP Logged  
Not sure what the clicking noise is I've never come across it before.
mrsinger 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2009 at 2:46 AM / IP Logged  
 well, it sounds very much like, when you press the button to unlock the doors which is allready unlocked. something like that.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic