2000 bonneville and viper rearm issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
immusicman 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2009 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
Viper rearm Bonneville 2000
Question      Hi, I have recently installed a viper 571xv remote starter system in my car. It doesn't provide outputs for a siren or have any alarm functions except it does arm and disarm factory alarms. Which is great because that is all I want to to do here. My question is this: Where do I connect the REARM wire on a 2000 bonneville? I easily found the disarm wire on a diagram, but the rearm alarm wire isn't shown anywhere on my diagrams for the bonneville. I would love for someone to point out which wire this is so I can stop using my factory remote to arm the alarm. I can disarm it no problem. But need to be able to arm it also with the viper remote. Any help would be appreciated. thanks. j   viper 571XV 2-way remote starter and 2000 pontiac bonneville ssei
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2009 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
ARM Tan 8-pin plug on driver's door module   - 
 This is a multiplex system. You must go into the driver's door to interface these wires. Pulse a ground (-) to the TAN wire at the same time as lock to arm the factory alarm, diode isolate.
shaip99 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2009 at 3:23 AM / IP Logged  
Or you can get a data module it makes life much easier and u don't have to go into the door
"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd
all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive
music."-Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc.
immusicman 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2009 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
where and which data module? thanks. J
shaip99 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2009 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
fortin makes a good one but i would suggest you check out your local shops and see what they carry
"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd
all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive
music."-Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc.
immusicman 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2009 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
The local shop here doesn't seem to know much about viper or dei stuff and acts like they could care less. Further, when I asked about purchasing a bypass module for starting vehicle they wanted 70.00 bucks for the same one I bought new for 22.00. So I think I will stay away from them for now. I am a mechanic and have been for many years. I like to think of myself as extremely good at electrical stuff. I am the guy people come to when know one else can find their electrical problem. So when I pulled the diagrams for this vehicle, I was surprised that a rearm wire was not identified. Thanks Mikvot for telling which wire. And thanks shaip for telling about the module. I see these data modules listed everywhere but I just want to make sure I get the right one. I already have a DEI bypass immobilizer module so I don't have to use another key. Should I get a module to replace this and do the doors to? Or, add just the doorlock bypass mod.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 15, 2009 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
1. Disarm is light green, inside the driver's door.
2. Rearming is likely to be very difficult without a module. You could try to send the output from your rearm wire to the driver's doorpin wire, AND the lock wire at the same time....seems to work about half the time on GMs, it's a gamble.
3. If you're not buying a module, what are you using to bypass the car's PK3 transponder during remote start?
4. If not using a module, be prepared to run wires into the driver's door for locks and disarm.
immusicman 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2009 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
Chris, I already have ran wires into the door. The disarm is hooked up, the locks are hooked up and functioning properly. I do have a module installed for the immobilizer so I don't have to use a key. Which module do I need to add so I can control door locks, arm and rearm? Thanks. J
immusicman 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2009 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
I think the module I use is the dei 555g which is for bypassing ignition only. Should I replace this module or just add another? Either way is fine with me. J
immusicman 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2009 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
mikvot wrote:
ARM Tan 8-pin plug on driver's door module   - 
 2000 bonneville and viper rearm issue -- posted image.This is a multiplex system. You must go into the driver's door to interface these wires. Pulse a ground (-) to the TAN wire at the same time as lock to arm the factory alarm, diode isolate.
Hey mikvot, thanks for your help identifying the arm wire in the door of my 2000 bonneville. My question is this: Can I hook the Power door lock switch terminal that pulses ground when the door is locking to the tan wire with a jumper? I ran a (-) pulse wire from the DEI brain to the door lock switch for unlocking on one terminal and a (-) pulse wire on the other terminal for locking. Can I not use the one for locking and jumper it to the tan wire on the 8 pin connector if I diode isolate it so it only gets a negative pulse when locking and not the positive pulse when locking? Any further help is much appreciated. I bought a 771XV alarm system / remote start I was going to replace my 571xv remote start with, but I would rather just utilize the factory alarm and leave my 571xv in place since it works properly including door locks, dome light, horn, lights. I did it right, but just couldn't figure out how to rearm factory alarm. Thank you! J
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic