icon

2000 bonneville and viper rearm issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 16, 2009 at 6:57 AM / IP Logged  
That tan wire they list there is actually the driver's doorlatch switch. It'll show a ground whenever the driver's door is open.
There isn't any actual direct "arm" wire available in that car.
The way you would traditionally arm the alarm (if the factory remote isn't available) is by locking the doors while the door is open.
Therefore, what you basically need is to send a ground to the (tan) driver's door latch wire before and during the time you send a pulse to the lock switch on the door.
However, if you send pulses to the latch and to the lock wire at the exact same time, it generally doesn't work.
I've tried this on various GM cars, with success about half the time.
You could connect your rearm wire to the tan wire in the driver's door, and see what happens.
It really depends on what timing the Viper's outputs have, and possibly what kind of mood the car is in, but it might work.
immusicman 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2009 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Chris, just ordered the XK-01 module to install instead. I think I will like it better. J
immusicman 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2009 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
I read that you can in fact arm the alarm by locking the doors with the drivers door open. So I tried this last night. Guess what? It doesn't work. If I lock the car with the factory remote fob, it arms the alarm fine. Even if I open the door, and lock the car using the Viper remote or the door switch and then shut the door, it still doesn't arm. Gonna use the old XK-01 to solve my problem. Hook up the one wire to the data signal on the OBD connector and my factory functions and more will be there.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic