icon

viper 5901 into a 2005 nissan 350z

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 25, 2009 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
http:////Nissan-300ZX-(Z32)-Hood-Switch,-1990-96-NEW!_W0QQitemZ310134251659QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090408?IMSfp=TL090408152003r24159
I don't think they allow eBay links here, but see if that works.
If the link doesn't work, go to eBay, and search for "nissan 300zx hood switch" without the quotes.
When you get to that auction, you'll see what a standard Nissan hood pin switch looks like, to see if you have one.
P.S. There's another way to test.
1. Open car window.
2. Close hood, hatch, both doors, arm factory alarm.
3. Wait 30 seconds for dashboard security light to start flashing, factory alarm is now armed.
4. Reach in through window, open hood.
5. If factory alarm doesn't sound, you have no factory hood switch.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2009 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
zenica i made a mistake you will need that pink/white wire for the second ignition wire in the vehicle ,the only wire that you will remain with is the pink/black, i'm not sure if this is built in to your unit already.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
zenica 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2009 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
What about this wire:
H3/3 ORANGE ACCESSORY OUTPUT
Connect this wire to the accessory wire that powers the climate control system.
Does that mean splice this into the acc wire at the ignition?
Also, can I connect the 3 30A fused wires into the constant 12v ignition wire?
zenica 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2009 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Nissan.
Had me chasing down a hood switch that I don't have.
Now I can move on.
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2009 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  

that wire will power the accesories in the car, that's the wire that gets current at the first position on the ignition switch, like deck, mirrors, clock and so forth, the pink/white wire will do second ignition which does the climate controls,

although it really doesn't matter how you connect it,

and yes you're just splicing into the wires

you can connect it to the one wire at the ignition switch, but me i personally run all three via three ten gauge wires to the battery, if you choose to do it at the ignition switch however, set your votage threshold to low, when it's left at default high sometimes when the a/c and all the accesories are in full swing it could cause the vehicle to shut off, this is with voltage however, if using tach it doesn't matter

zenica 
Posted: April 25, 2009 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
The OEM ignition accessory wire provides accessories with power through the ignition, if I leave this wire undisturbed it will continue to do so no matter if the car is remote started or key started. True or false?
Does this wire only get power because the key is turned? Is that why
the alarm is looking to provide power to the accessory wire?
What would be the consequence of not connecting this wire? and should
I connect it to the ignitions accessory wire or constant 12v?
I am using the tach method for remote starting. I feel better using a real wire.
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2009 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  

false

yes the accesory wire only gets current via the turn of the keys, so you will have to connect it in order for your accesories to function during remote start, in some vehicles this wire is crucial to proper functioning of the vehicle, not really this way with nissan as far as i know, but leaving it unconnected should do no harm

do not connect the accesory wire to a constant twelve, it will result in your accesories staying on and battery depletion

ok no probs

zenica 
Posted: April 25, 2009 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
t&t tech wrote:

false

yes the accesory wire only gets current via the turn of the keys, so you will have to connect it in order for your accesories to function during remote start, in some vehicles this wire is crucial to proper functioning of the vehicle, not really this way with nissan as far as i know, but leaving it unconnected should do no harm

do not connect the accesory wire to a constant twelve, it will result in your accesories staying on and battery depletion

ok no probs

Ah, I get it...by connecting the 5901 accessory wire to the OEM accessory wire, I am giving power to the OEM wire and not the other way around and this is because the key was not present to turn the ignition. I see the light!
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2009 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
excellent, let me know how your progressing.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 25, 2009 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
According to the service manual there is an OEM hood pin on the car.  It's wired to the IPDM, not the BCM.  In recent years Nissan has switched to putting the pin in the hood latch, but the manual shows the switch being mounted on the front end of the passenger side strut tower.  This is on page 135 of bl.pdf.
Kevin Pierson
Page of 15

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic