the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2003 murano windows problem lock/unlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ricardoboston 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2009 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
not working  at all  even with the interior lock button,all 3 doors do complete lock /unlock   using the alarm remote or when i use the oem alarm remote or when i use the interior button  and  only drivers door its  not doing lock ,unlock only.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 5:08 AM / IP Logged  
The first thing I would do is find the drivers door unlock wire and verify that it rests at ground.  The only thing I can think of that would cause your problem is a bad drivers door unlock relay (no longer resting at ground).  This typically occurs when a trace gets burnt leading to the NC contact of the relay, causing the relay to no longer rest at ground.  Luckily, it's usually pretty easy to fix, you'll just have to pop open the BCM, locate the drivers door unlock relay, and verify there are no burnt traces on it.
Kevin Pierson
ricardoboston 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 6:31 AM / IP Logged  
i will try to do as is your  sayng , but only thing im  worrying about  is unpluging the bcm module, and then after  put it back  are you sure no lights on dash will appear as check engine etc?have you done that  before with no problems to re install the module ?because i dont have a computer diagnostic, and  you re sayng to check if the unlock wire is rest at ground  right.? yes its rest at ground  but my problem its just  [lock] drivers door its unlock normally.thanks kpierson.                                                                                                                                                                                
KPierson 
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  

If you are worried about throwing a code just disconnect the battery first.  I have removed/unplugged Nissan BCMs and not had any issues.

Are you sure it rests at ground?  Did you check it with an ohm meter?  What is the ohm reading between ground and the unlock wire?

Kevin Pierson
ricardoboston 
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
hello kpierson   i was using  a probe test  .this saturday i will have time.then  i will re check  with a digital meter .i will open the bcm and ill let you know  anything by saturday ,thank you.
KPierson 
Posted: May 21, 2009 at 4:51 AM / IP Logged  

You really shouldn't be using a test probe on this vehicle.

Since the door lock system rests at ground (both the lock and unlock side of the actuator) it is very possible your probe was reading ground through the actuator (which is why it is important to know the resistance to ground). 

Kevin Pierson
ricardoboston 
Posted: May 27, 2009 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
  hi Kevin Pierson its me again ricardo the thing is ,i just got a digital multimeter  and im not sure how to test thoses wires ,thats the only reason i did not touch  in that  car yet,also  can you give me some steps  as  if  lock unlock its rest at ground  what should do,if this is a good signal or not  can you please explaim me how to use it for lock unlock because i will try it  next saturday about  rest of the car everthing its perfect .thank you very much for you time.god bless you
ricardoboston 
Posted: May 27, 2009 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
im sorry almost forgot one more thing ,i need know how to wire a varad scanner,has 3 wires   red power 12 volt .,black ground .and yellow  ignition wire .the thing is i wired black chassis ground and red 12volt  but the scanner start blinking , before arm the alarm ,i need to know if i can put red .to the power 12volt constant and  black  to the ground when armed output,and cut the yellow ?thanks
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2009 at 6:22 PM / IP Logged  
here's a suggestion ricardo, since you're fairly new at this, this is probably alot easier and safer in comparison to removing the bcm, set your meter to  read twenty volts or so, and attach the red and black probes to both actuator wires, and using your rocker switch or alarm, lock and unlock the doors, you should get a positive twelve reading when the locks move in one direction and a negative twelve reading when they move in the other direction, if you have verified that you have gotten readings in both directions, then it's possible your actuator is at fault, if you only get readings with unlock only, then probably the trace on the bcm is burnt, a simple fix would be to use two relays and wire them for reverse polarity, and connect the driver actuator alone to it and you could simply diode isolate the rocker switch and alarm inputs to the relay so they work as they normally would.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2009 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
kevin i just thought of something, if the actuators share a lock output from the bcm, then won't a burnt trace on the nc contacts cause a no lock situation with all doors, or am i missing something.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic