icon

03 sentra alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
glass22 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2009 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 2003 Nissan Sentra GXE with a 1.8 and AT.  I am going to attempt to install a Viper 350HV alarm.  I think I have most of it figured out.  I got a wire chart here and it says "Nissan's transponder anti-theft system:requires 791 bypass module and extra ignition key"  

Is this required no matter what?  Not real sure about this one.  My other question concerns the door locks.  All the Viper instructions say is to refer to Doc 1041.  Anyone have a wiring diagram for this for me.  I can't seem to find doc 1041.  That is all for now.  Thanks, Zak.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2009 at 3:12 AM / IP Logged  
None of those parts are required, they would only be used with a remote start.  Second question,  if this vehicle is the same as the UK Almeira, there's a control box adjacent to the steering column,  its left side here, probably your right betwen column and centre console, where you can pick-up virtually everything including door,  trunk, and hood contacts plus neg lock/unlock triggers. I'll look at 1041 and see if it says anything different. Basicly you ignore the following connections:- tach, parking brake or reverse.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2009 at 3:38 AM / IP Logged  
I just looked at 1041, it's simply a guide to different locking systems. On your alarm you will have green and blue wires from a white three way plug. Green to vehicle lock and blue to unlock...BUT to be on the safe side, use 1N4004 diodes (from Radio Shack etc) bands towards the alarm in line on those leads. There's a technical circuit protection isue here, better to be safe than sorry.
glass22 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2009 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged  

thanks for your help.  Much appreciated.

Thanks, Zak

glass22 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2009 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, I have another question.  i did pick up a few diodes today.  Can I use my cheap solder iron, or should I use a electronic iron for heat control?  Not sure if to much heat can hurt them.  All so, should I insulate them with somthing like heat shrink, or use a < color=#cc0000 >Pre-Punched IC-Spacing Perfboard http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productid=2102863 ?  Not installing the alarm till next week, just trying to get prepared.

Thanks, Zak

BTW...what electronic iron do you recommend.  Been wanting to buy one anyway.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2009 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  
Reg solder and heatshrink, 2.5mm (1/10" and up) is normal. I use a Weller pencil (butane) iron in the field and a Weller gun for "inside" work.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2009 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
quick tip on this vehicle you can pick up everything you need behind the instrument cluster except the starter kill, checkin the vehicle wiring info section of this site i posted info on the wiring recently, it's labeled under 2006 sentra though, it's the same wiring it hasn't changed since. cheers.
joch1314 
Copper - Posts: 301
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2009 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure you test all your wires with a DMM before you start connecting wires.  Installing the Viper 350HV in that nissan is an excellent "starter" install and you will gain a lot of info and confidence when you're finished.  DO NOT Be afraid to ask us questions.  If you do get stuck we can get you on the right track.  "The only stupid question is the one not asked" 
...half of the truth can be worse than a lie. <----Roger Russell said that..
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2009 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  

, door lock triggers are negative going, as howie said at the fusebok adjacent to the steering, to the bottom of it without removing the box, there runs the driver door harness, the colour wires are

lock- gray (thin gauge)

purple- unlock (thin gauge) they meter four volts or so at rest and go to ground or zero volts during lock and unlock

the actuator wires you can pick up in the driver floor panel

WHITE/ red- lock (thick gauge)

BLACK/ red- unlock

also in the floor panel you can pick up the door contacts- RED / white (light gauge)

trunk contact- RED / black (light gauge

hazards- GREEN/ black and GREEN/ YELLOW

brake- GREEN/ red

behind the fuse box you can pick up ignition BLACK/ red

and a constant either thick gauge red

t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2009 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
also you can use the relay to interrupt ignition on that vehicle this also prevents the starter from cranking and you can also program your vrs feature on so you would have the car-jacking system fuctional. kills two birds with one stone effectively. also i know that i'm gonna be criticised for telling you to interrupt igntion but i have been doing it for years and have never yet had a comeback where that dei relay failed NEVER. cheers.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic