85 camaro iroc, sub box in rear well

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dp85iroc 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2009 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  

hey all

i have a 1985 camaro iroc-z and i am currently in the process of building a custom sub box to drop into the rear well of it...i have found little to no help on good dimensions for building this i have already gotten all the materials and just waiting on some help for building the box itself...thank you to anyone who has anything

the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2009 at 2:58 PM / IP Logged  
Topic moved to Car Audio forum.
85 camaro iroc, sub box in rear well -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 19, 2009 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
2 15's sound really nice, but it takes the entire well and all space behind the rear seat.  It is not an easy box to build if it is your first box.  I do not have any dimensions but I can draw you a picture so you will know what it is supposed to look like.
dp85iroc 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2009 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
i actually have all the equipment...2 12's a monoblock amp and i have built boxes before i'm just looking for good dimensions for the rear well
i am an idiot 
Posted: June 19, 2009 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have a tape measure and an angle finder?  The angle finder is optional.
dp85iroc 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2009 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
no idea what an angle finder is but ya i got a tape measure i aint stupid dude....i was just hoping to get the dimensions...
i am an idiot 
Posted: June 19, 2009 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
We have no idea how much airspace your woofers require, we aren't psychics dude.
dp85iroc 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2009 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
hahah oh i see well it requires 1-1.5 of ft^3 for each one they are audiobahn flame q series woofers...i will be mounting them reverse for the look tho so no need to take them into affect when measuring volume
i am an idiot 
Posted: June 19, 2009 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
It was 1985 when I built that box. I was able to get close to 6 cubic feet. I had to take up the entire well and all of the area behind the seat. I really don't remember the dimensions, I think the box was 36 inches wide. But other than that I don't remember any dimensions. If you could draw a diagram of the shape you desire and the maximum dimensions that you have to work with, and the dimension that you would rather take from to achieve the volume you desire, we can help you with the design. I am sure you can get the volume you need without going into the well. If you do, it will not have to go to the bottom.
dp85iroc 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2009 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  
actually oi dont mind going into the well...i was actually looking for the dimensions for that so maybe it could flush with the back...i think it would look a look cleaner
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic