icon

impossible to find wire diagram, 96 quest

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tak4 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2009 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  

I looked high and low but cant find the radio wire diagram for a 1996 nissan quest that was correct.

I have never seen colors like that, and i when i found wire diagrams the wire colors were wrong.

Please help me.

97gss 
Copper - Posts: 235
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2009 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
what colors did you find?  Have you attempted to use a meter to try to figure out which wire is which?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 26, 2009 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  

What exactly are you trying to do?  If changing the radio, they do make a harness that sells for 15 dollars on the mainland.  If you have that harness, the wire colors match up with the wire colors of your aftermarket deck.

Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
tak4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2009 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  

on the harness with the most wires is

yellow/red

BLACK/ white
ORANGE / blue
blue/dark green
blue/light green
WHITE/ light blue
black
red
white
green
purple
light green

then the next harness is

BROWN / white

pink/black
oreang
pink
balck
brown
sliver

then on the last one has only two wires

WHITE/ red

WHITE/ black

no i dont have a meter here with me now.

so i really need to find out.

tak4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2009 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  

I asked everywhere and still no one knows.

So no one here knows either?

i am an idiot 
Posted: June 26, 2009 at 10:25 PM / IP Logged  
We know, but I was kind of waiting on more info from you. 
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
tak4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2009 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  

yeah if you can tell me I would love you forever. If you need anymore info let me know and I can get it asap.

i am an idiot 
Posted: June 26, 2009 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

What exactly are you trying to do?  If changing the radio, they do make a harness that sells for 15 dollars on the mainland.  If you have that harness, the wire colors match up with the wire colors of your aftermarket deck.

tak4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2009 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  
Yes I'm trying to change it with a after market. Yeah but I was hoping to just cut the factory ones and install it straight. Normally I would but the harness for after market stereo but right now I'm going to install with out it. So I'm looking for the diagram. But every where has the wrong colors.
So asking around everywhere and this forum is my last hope.
i am an idiot 
Posted: June 27, 2009 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  

Are you sure that all 3 of those plugs were plugged into the back of the radio?  Does it have some kind of rear seat controls?  Can you take a picture of the back of the radio and post it?

Have you looked in the center console to see if you find these colored wires at the factory amp location?

impossible to find wire diagram, 96 quest -- posted image.BatteryGREEN/ VIOLET(+)RADIO HARNESS
impossible to find wire diagram, 96 quest -- posted image.AccesoryYELLOW/BLACK(+)RADIO HARNESS
impossible to find wire diagram, 96 quest -- posted image.GroundBLACK/ LIGHT GREEN(-)RADIO HARNESS
impossible to find wire diagram, 96 quest -- posted image.IlluminationGREEN(+)RADIO HARNESS
impossible to find wire diagram, 96 quest -- posted image.Power AntennaN/A
impossible to find wire diagram, 96 quest -- posted image.LF Speaker (+)ORANGE / LIGHT GREEN
impossible to find wire diagram, 96 quest -- posted image.LF Speaker (-)LIGHT BLUE/WHITE
impossible to find wire diagram, 96 quest -- posted image.RF Speaker (+)WHITE/ LIGHT GREEN
impossible to find wire diagram, 96 quest -- posted image.RF Speaker (-)DARK GREEN/ ORANGE
impossible to find wire diagram, 96 quest -- posted image.LR Speaker (+)LIGHT BROWN / WHITE
impossible to find wire diagram, 96 quest -- posted image.LR Speaker (-)LIGHT BROWN / YELLOW
impossible to find wire diagram, 96 quest -- posted image.RR Speaker (+)LIGHT BROWN / GREEN
impossible to find wire diagram, 96 quest -- posted image.RR Speaker (-)BROWN / PINK

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic