Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2009 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
Yes to your last question.
dx90 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2009 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll,
Yellow (ignition) goes to light green loom. Done this.
Orange (starter kill) goes to light green with thin black stripe. Is this correct?
The wire I've installed from the bonnet switch. This wire connects to the BROWN / white wire from the boot switch. Do I need to install a diode here to stop the battery running flat if bonnet switch goes faulty?
Thanks
BMW E36 320I August build 1995
dx90 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2009 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll,
I'm almost certain that the Orange wire is the starter you mentioned so I have soldered it. What threw me off was the diagram mentioned starter kill relay. I want connect the battery until I get the all clear from you.
On the diagram I have a optional hood or trunk pin. Blue wire - instant trigger input zone 1. Can I use this one to connect to the bonnet switch instead of going through the car to the boot?
I am also confused about the domelight supervision wires. What is this used for and do I need it?
If I do need it what one do I use there are two?
There is one on the H3 door lock harness and also one on the H1 primary harness.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2009 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  

lemme hijack howard a little, that orange wire mrdx90, does not connect to any wire in the vehicle period, it only should be connected to pin 85 of a starter kill relay, so desolder that connection and insulate the orange wire if you aren't using the starter kill. Secondly yes you can connect that blue wire to the bonnet switch. And to your last question, domelight supervision will turn the domelight on upon disarm and off upon arm, you would have to connect the BLACK/ white on the h3 harness to whatever polarity the domelight wire is, and the BLACK/ white on the h1 harness would go to the domelight trigger wire. Howard can help you with where to find it if you so desire.

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2009 at 1:09 AM / IP Logged  

No problem t&t couldn't reply last night, this site was down for maintainance about midnight UK time and I'm a bit woozy, I've got Sciatica from nowhere, something I wouldn't wish on any one and I'm floating on relaxants, painkillers and Valium at night.

Yes to how you've wired the yellow.

The orange wire is an armed output, you would only use it in conjunction with an external relay, as an immobiliser.  Not needed, disconnect it immediately  before you switch on the iginition. you can use the green with either GREEN/ black or GREEN / WHITE as in and outs on your starter (the GREEN/ black and GREEN / WHITE give you the choice of always cutting the circuit or only when the alarm is on, I would suggest the second option) Secondly since your vehicle has a perfectly good transponder immobiliser, I wouldn't bother it's safer.

Isn't there a grey hood (bonnet) switch wire on the alarm?  Use that if not use the blue  with as you said a diode with band towards the trunk (boot) to protect the battery in case the bonnet (hood) switch goes doolally.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2009 at 1:14 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry forgot about dome light management, not needed, as you unlock the dome (AKA interior or courtesy lights) will come on automatically. If you must, 1 black /white to ground (earth) other to driver's door switch before you make your  other connections, ie next to quadplug, but I've NEVER done it on any BMW, never had to.
dx90 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2009 at 5:29 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll,
There are tree wires from the alarms immobiliser. green, GREEN / WHITE and GREEN/ black. Are you saying don't connect/use any of these if I don't want to use the alarms immobiliser?
(I don't want use it).
I don't want to use the alarms immobiliser. Then I don't connect any wires from the alarm to the light GREEN/ black thin stripe in the loom. Is this correct?
If there's no need then I will take your advice and not connect the dome wires.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2009 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  

yes mr dx90 if you are not using the immobiliser part of the system these three wires remain unused!

yes to your second question also!

also howard, i get this feeling of invisibility coming on.viper 1002 e36 needed - Page 3 -- posted image.

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
dx90 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2009 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
t&t tech Thank yoU.
dx90 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2009 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
I have fitted the alarm but I have a problem.
The bonnet switch is connected to the BROWN / wire wire in boot. I can get the boot light to activate using the bonnet switch I installed. But the alarm is not going off when the bonnet or boot is opened. The doors set the alarm off no problem.
What could be the problem?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic