Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nissan370z 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2009 at 3:34 AM / IP Logged  

3000 watt RMS at 1ohm Powerbass extreme amp

two 12" mojos 4ohm

kenwood excelon headunit. forgot the model i have the box somewhere around here. haha

air ported box at 4cubic feet 35hz

memphis tweeters

pioneer 6x9s and 6.25s forgot what model but they were the best they had

powerbass 600.4 amp

0guage kicker kit

2400hc kinetik battery for reserve

200amp alternator ohio gen

im also doing the big 3 with 4guage wiring

might get another battery to replace my doodiety car battery. the shop thinks i need it. what do you say?

acura 3.0 CL 1999

probably get some sound dampening too.. not sure

what do you all think of that set up?

glass22 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2009 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  
no amp for the 61/2's?  Yes get some sound dampner installed.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2009 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
Do you REALLY want to know?
nissan370z wrote:
3000 watt RMS at 1ohm Powerbass extreme amp
Shyah, right! If the car gets hit by lightning! Powerbass? IMO, there is probably better stuff out there for your cash... KarTuneMan likes the stuff, but I've only heard VERY mixed reviews about it... A bit over-rated power-wise, from everything I've experienced with the stuff.
nissan370z wrote:
two 12" mojos 4ohm
Which Mojos?
nissan370z wrote:
kenwood excelon headunit. forgot the model i have the box somewhere around here. haha
Not a big fan of the Kenwoods. Mediocre at best sound quality, and more expensive than they need to be.
nissan370z wrote:
air ported box at 4cubic feet 35hz
As opposed to the air sealed?
nissan370z wrote:
memphis tweeters
Why are you adding tweeters? You've already GOT tweeters in the Pioneers. You do LOVE the smiley-face EQ curve, don't you?
nissan370z wrote:
pioneer 6x9s and 6.25s forgot what model but they were the best they had
...and yet, you feel the need to add tweeters. Man, the salesman got ahold of you, and decided to not let go!
nissan370z wrote:
powerbass 600.4 amp
Yep!... He saw you a-comin'! See my opening lines re: Powerbass. There are DEFINITELY better amps for highs. Powerbass and RF are about on an even playing field for HF reproduction. This I CAN speak to. Harsh, raspy... Oughta go fine with all your tweeters!
nissan370z wrote:
0guage kicker kit
First thing I have read that is "correct". You'll need that kind of power capacity, for sure.
nissan370z wrote:
2400hc kinetik battery for reserve
Never mix battery types. Ever. One battery up front, but if you MUST have two battteries, IDENTICAL, both front and rear.
nissan370z wrote:
200amp alternator ohio gen
Good alternator. Second thing done right, AFAIAC.
nissan370z wrote:
im also doing the big 3 with 4guage wiring
#4 is not large enough. You have a 200A alternator. You MUST use wiring safe for 200A. You have to go to #2, to do it right.
nissan370z wrote:
might get another battery to replace my doodiety car battery. the shop thinks i need it. what do you say?
If everything is done correctly, the one GOOD battery up front will be enough.
nissan370z wrote:
acura 3.0 CL 1999
Nice car. Don't you think it deserves a nice system?
nissan370z wrote:
probably get some sound dampening too.. not sure
LOTS of it! My '01 Civic has 3 boxes of Dynamat Extreme in it, custom damping and pillow stuffing in all kinds of places, expanding foam shot into EVERY open hole in the car (filled every hollow member I get my hands on...), plastic panels damped with Dynamat and spray-on damping. Count on about another five to six notes, including installation.
nissan370z wrote:
what do you all think of that set up?
I addressed each point individually, as there was SO much wrong with it, but not everything was, and not everything was completely wrong. I, personally, would reconsider MANY of the components, as well as the electrical... Well, mostly the electrical INSTALLATION.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 10, 2009 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  

True, I do like the stuff. It has great bang for buck value, IF your just throwing together some stuff to make noise, AND make a buck.

The "boss" at powerbass describes HIS product just like that, "best bang for buck out there"

I would NEVER put the stuff in ANYTHING I would be driving. You can see my parts list for my choice of quality product!

How much $$$ do you have rapped up in your products ? Consider a new plan for your Powerbass.... your friends car!

If you got a "DEAL" on the powerbass, it should be very easy to sell. It's pretty.

Get a couple more paychecks under your belt and step UP... your ears will thank you for it!

nissan370z 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2009 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
so what do you recommend then? i was going to get the memphis 2500watt amp. and probably a memphis 4 channel amp for the components.
nissan370z 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2009 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
they are the new memphis mojos 12d4... the black ones i guess not the orange ones
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2009 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
It looks to me that you want to install a grab bag of car stereo into your vehicle and are prepared to throw money away. If that is the case, continue on your path as it will definitely leave you throwing money away in the future as well. If you want to do it right, then post the goals of the new system that you are after and then a good and properly matched together system can be designed.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
nissan370z 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2009 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  

everything sounds good.. i heard it earlier.. i might change the amps tho later on.. maybe you never used powerbass extreme..

if you were to go with the mojos and the pioneer components what amp would you use? i would probably change the powerbass amp with the memphis 2500 amp for the subs but for the components what do you think?

rtsv_dancro 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2009 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
your 1st mistake is coming onto a forum full of veteran car audio/video installers and even mentioning a brand like powerbass. Now, I happen to support the brand simply because, as a retailer, it can be bought cheap and sold reasonably and bring in a NICE profit margin! But, to build a system, where powerbass is your powerhouse...umm, no. bad idea. might sound ok, but you're gonna have problems down the road...trust me.
Also, I'm interested to know EXACTLY what pioneer speakers you're using. IMO, pioneer doesn't touch a brand like Polk or Eclipse, but everyone's sound preferences are different.
I think you have the right idea in some areas, but you're mixing it with some really bad ones. Ex - Kicker kit w/ powerbass amp. Why not do a Kicker kit w/ a Kicker amp? or Memphis? or anything high-end? Seems like your "putting Nitto's on your 2WD Kia".
"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument."
- William Gibbs McAdoo
glass22 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2009 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
memphis 4kw mojo amp for the 2 mojo subs.  I would go with last years models and try to find a MCA300.2 for the mids and highs. 
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic