icon

car is in the shop

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nissan370z 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2009 at 2:06 AM / IP Logged  

what kind of problems am i going to run into?

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2009 at 2:48 AM / IP Logged  
Who knows? Depends completely on the capabilities and skill of the installers you chose. It will also depend on what kind of day they guy is having... How much attention to detail does the guy pay...
If you DIDN'T upgrade to larger cables under the hood, as I suggested, you could cause LOTS of problems there, or at a minimum, you will not get all of the 200A you bought.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
nissan370z 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2009 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
oh i see.. yea i got the alternator upgrade with 4 guage for the big 3... i asked the ohio generator guy if i should use 0 guage but he said thats too thick and the memphis tech also said it was too thick so just go with 4 guage
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2009 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
nissan370z wrote:
oh i see.. yea i got the alternator upgrade with 4 guage for the big 3... i asked the ohio generator guy if i should use 0 guage but he said thats too thick and the memphis tech also said it was too thick so just go with 4 guage
Dude... Simple math tells you that #4 is too small. #4 is only rated to 150A, and you have a 200A alternator. It's NOT adequate, so if you are listening to the "memphis tech", then I have some fantastic swampland in Arizona I want to sell you!
It's too small. End of story.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
nissan370z 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2009 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
ok.. so what do i need to use?
glass22 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2009 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  

haemphyst wrote:
then I have some fantastic swampland in Arizona I want to sell you!

trying sell my home now.  geez.  everybody know I have the best swampland in these parts.

nissan370z 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2009 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  

i got a nice beach front house here in death valley

rtsv_dancro 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2009 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
nissan370z wrote:
ok.. so what do i need to use?
#2 foh sho!!
"It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument."
- William Gibbs McAdoo
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2009 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
haemphyst: nice breakdown
Walk in already knowing what you want and need. 12v is your new digital consultant.(You can nickname it) Specify what you want done. Ask again if you dont understand. Be PATIENT for things if he can order them. Or, believe your best interests on this investment is your dealers priority. Sound proofing importance is sooo underrated.   8 cans undercoat, 2 cans acoustic foam and 5 18"X36" sheets of Dynamat Extreme. Worth every penny, not a single rattle.   
car is in the shop - Page 2 -- posted image.
This is what I do for FUN!
nissan370z 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2009 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  

how much did you pay for all that?

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic