icon

2009 Ford F-150 Door Trigger Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fordguy218 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2009 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know how to wire the doors on an 2009 F-150 for an alarm system? I have the green and blue wire which are supposed to be hooked up to somehting, but I don't know what. Any help is appreciated.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2009 at 7:04 AM / IP Logged  
Theres a gray/violet wire at the SJB gray connector pin 9 that is a positive trigger   what kind of alarm system are you installing ??? what are the green and blue labeled ??   im assuming the green is the negitive input and blue is the positive input to the alarm
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 12, 2009 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  

The individual door pins are not +(POS) they are "open"

I am not showing any info on the dome light. This might be what Joe is talking about.

fordguy218 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2009 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  

chev104275 -

I'm not familiar with the gray/violet wire at the Smart Junction Box. But I'll definitely check it out. I'm installing a Viper 5901. The green and blue wires out of the "brain" are the positive and negative triggers for the door functions. The blue wire shows (-) unlock and (+) lock, while the green wire shows (-) lock and (+) unlock.

I looked up a post on a similar install into a Ford Flex and the wires they show are the following: Power Unlock as Yellow/Violet (-) and Power Lock as Blue/Green (-) C2280C pin 17 [which is incorrect].

Reading through the Power Door Lock section of the 2009 F-150 Wiring Manual, I cannot find the Gray/Violet wire that you are referring to (there's a Gray/Violet).

KarTuneMan -

What do you mean the door pins are not (+)?  Would you please elaborate?

... I "tested" the Violet/Gray and Light Blue/Light Green and both emit a positive output when the Unlock switch is activated. Other than that, I'm afraid to keep tapping off wires in hopes of finding the right two.

fordguy218 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2009 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  

Ahh Joe, I see what you are referring to... the gray/violet wire is indeed the all door trigger (pin 9 on the C2880A sub connector on the passenger side kick panel)

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 12, 2009 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  
fordguy218 wrote:

Ahh Joe, I see what you are referring to... the gray/violet wire is indeed the all door trigger (pin 9 on the C2880A sub connector on the passenger side kick panel)

Before using that wire test it. What I mean is... turn the dome light OFF, then test this wire.... It might go dead with the

dome switch turned off!

chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2009 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  
Door Lock (GRAY / YELLOW)    SJB C2280C Pin 17
Door Unlock (VIOLET/GRAY) SJB C2280C Pin 4
there in a gray connector
so blue to violet/gray
and green to gray / YELLOW
use diodes on lock and unlock wires
the wires should also be in the drivers kick panel
fordguy218 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2009 at 4:24 PM / IP Logged  

Noted. I'll test that wire, and get back to you.

Where did you get the info on the proper wires? I've looked all over for those... I'll try them out. So something like this --->

ALARM BRAIN --> green and blue wire --> diode (with current flowing to connector -->) crimp to GY/YE and VT/GY?

fordguy218 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2009 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
O, don't I need two relays for each circuit??? Or can I go directly to the door lock/unlock wire since it's just the 200mA signal that it's outputting... and it's before the factory relay.
chev104275 
Posted: July 12, 2009 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  
im a ford tech and have access to the factory diagrams   you shouldnt need relay for that and yes use 1 diode for each wire
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic