icon

viper or clifford

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2009 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
I have seen this topic and I know both alarms are made by DEI. What I can't find is. 1. Can you use a 2 way remote with the G5 system, 2. Does the Viper 5901 alarm offer plug in compatibility with a Motion and Glass break sensor, If so does the remote tell you which sensor was triggered. I know the Clifford 50.5X Is 2 way and has a port for additional sensors but they do not operate independently of each other they daisy chain and signal the same channel on the remote. I really like the g5 system but it doesn't have the 2 way remote. If this is not possible with the systems I have listed is there a system that offers this. 2-way with remote start, Glass break sensor, motion sensor and shock sensor?
fordguy218 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2009 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  

Chad. I just installed a 5901 in my F-150. Yes, the unit does have a direct plugin for the glass break sensor. The alarm unit itself only has one plugin, but the DEI glass break unit has a daisy chain plug-in for an external shock sensor. I assume you could also connect this to the motion sensor.

Hope this helps.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2009 at 1:27 AM / IP Logged  
As an installer I would strongly advice plugging in too many sensors, unless you carefully set them up with each other on instalation you will get loads of false alarms.  My favourite 1 way is Clifford with only the dual zone prox which you can adjust via your remote.
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2009 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
That would be the clifford G5 system. I would really like a 2 way with remote start. I just stopped by the Crimestopper website and they have the new Fortress FS-80. Any news on these? They seem relatively new and I can't find them anywhere let alone get a price on one. ( I am sure there outrageous since there brand new) I am Paranoid and want to have the most protection I can find. I also know being a installer and a system designer if someone wants it bad enough there going to get it. The reasoning behind the different sensors are, I would like the radar sensor for when the windows are down when I am working (delivery driver) and someone would reach into the car. The Glass sensor and the shock sensor for when the system is armed at night. I have exp setting up both types of sensors. I have still yet to find a system that can tell the difference between the 3 sensors. The Clifford Can tell between the on board shock sensor (which isn't the greatest) and anything plugged into the add on port.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic