icon

2007 350z neutral safety?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 19, 2009 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  

If you use a general purpose transistor (like a 2n2904) you would wire the base to the P/NP wire (brown wire in car) the emitter to ground and the collector to the alarm.

You should incorporate a few resistors to protect the transistor - a 470 ohm resistor between the P/NP signal wire and the base should work, and then a 100 ohm resistor between the collector and the alarm.

This will convert the polarity without making any noise.

Kevin Pierson
hydrodancer91 
Copper - Posts: 72
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2009 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  
that part number you had on there. where do i get that? is that a radio shack number?
KPierson 
Posted: July 19, 2009 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
It isn't a Radioshack number, but they should have the 2n3904 transistor.  Any general purpose NPN transistor will work.
Kevin Pierson
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 20, 2009 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  

Have we found out what he is installing yet? This is why I ask:

Any post containing any information that may be considered a violation of law or lead to an unlawful act in the United States of America such as injuring or killing someone or aiding in theft may be deleted and your membership may be suspended without notice. This includes bypassing head unit lockout codes, video bypass procedures, automatic transmission remote start units in manual transmission vehicles, etc.

hydrodancer91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2009 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
Well here's what's up he's got an alarm remote start combo that was previously installed its one that can be used on a manual ot has the safety wire that has to show ground in ordere to remote start, so my plan is to connect this to the neutral safety wire like I've done several times before so the car won't start unless its in neutral. Unfortunetaly I haven't done one on a 350z for quite awhile so I figured someone on here would know off the top of their head. So to answer your accusation no I'm not trying to do what youtr thinking I've been in this industry for 15 years I now how it works. But I'm trying to fix it so my customers car quits lunging and won't start in gear like it does now.
hydrodancer91 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2009 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry for the typos typing on a phones keyboard sucks
KPierson 
Posted: July 29, 2009 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
Is it really an issue to install a "automatic" remote start system in a manual vehicle IF the vehicle has a sufficient OEM neutral safety wire?  I realize the danger (and liability) of installing a system with no safeties or even homemade safeties, but when an OEM safety is incorporated I personally don't see an issue with it.  If it is against the site rules please feel free to delete my posts on the topic!
Kevin Pierson
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic