2010 Toyota Tundra Alarm/Remote Start/Stereo Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
a1productions 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
goofballtech wrote:

Just got mine installed yesterday. Working good so far.

Only thing is i have to unlock the doors before i remote start because i can disarm the alarm with it running but it won't unlock the door with the truck running through the viper.... i think it might be a menu setting. Gonna have to look and make sure though.

Same thing is happening with my new Viper 5301, doors will not unlock while truck is running. Did you ever find a menu setting to work around this issue?
On page one of this post Richl68 lists alternate power unlock and power lock wires, wondering if this is the key to solve this problem.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2010 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  

I had the same problem on a 2007 Tundra. 

If you lock the truck with the Factory Remote or use the Driver Door lock button, it will disable the Unlock button at the doors and also the R/S's unlock pulse will be ignored. 

I would try using the Factory Alarm Disarm wire (Pink to Black in DKP, Blue 17 pin plug, Pin 16) if its there on your truck.  Short of that, as soon as the truck is remote started, the Unlock will work again. 

Soldering is fun!
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2010 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

I had the same problem on a 2007 Tundra. 

If you lock the truck with the Factory Remote or use the Driver Door lock button, it will disable the Unlock button at the doors and also the R/S's unlock pulse will be ignored. 

I would try using the Factory Alarm Disarm wire (Pink to Black in DKP, Blue 17 pin plug, Pin 16) if its there on your truck.  Short of that, as soon as the truck is remote started, the Unlock will work again. 

The bypass i used did disarm...unlock worked great once remote started...!

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic