Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2009 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  
what is this place for if no one help u
richl68 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2009 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  

Everyone isnt sitting at the computer looking at "your" topic waiting for you to respond...the best thing i can say is go on the manafactuers website and see if you can get a programing manual.

should have a step by step on how to program the features of the remotestart.

grasshoper420 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2009 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  
richl68 wrote:

Everyone isnt sitting at the computer looking at "your" topic waiting for you to respond...the best thing i can say is go on the manafactuers website and see if you can get a programing manual.

should have a step by step on how to program the features of the remotestart.

thank s i no that there not sitting around waiting for me to reply but it has been oh i dont no how long some one say s one thing i reply they never say any thing back or they tell me i dont have what i say i have but what ever im looking around other site s to get my answer i guess
peace
mike swanson 
Copper - Posts: 290
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2009 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
If you lock your door from the inside switch then shut the door. That is what sets the factory alarm.
So then you unlock it with the key and the horn goes off,,,,Right?
That would be the factory alarm. The wire that goes to ground when you turn your key is not working.
Also most of the gnd prix cars were done with a key in a box. If you got it used the key in the box is prolly gone. if it wont remote start
Try puttn the key in the ign and then remote start the car. if it stays running then thats what is wrong
mike swanson 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2009 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
Im sure your key says PK3 on it
If you have the computer screen on your dash by the vents, then it prolly was done with a key in a box OR the key was just sittn behind the plastic next to the key ign
Some installers did this to keep the correct date and time on the computer screen
grasshoper420 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2009 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  
mike swanson wrote:
Im sure your key says PK3 on it
If you have the computer screen on your dash by the vents, then it prolly was done with a key in a box OR the key was just sittn behind the plastic next to the key ign
Some installers did this to keep the correct date and time on the computer screen
okay yes it say s pk3 on the key what dose key in the box mean ? the thing is that the remote dont work at all i cant unlock or lock the car or start it i need to program it and i cant seem to do that i took it to a dealer and they dont look at after market stuff and i cant seem to find any one to look at it the dealer want s me to [put a 400 dollar unit in well im not unless for sure mine is broken
mike swanson 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2009 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry thought that it was working, but wont remote start
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 14, 2009 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  
Probably most of us are having difficulty reading/understanding your posts, because there seems to be no capitalization or puncutation.
But, as near as I can tell, it seems like you have two separate problems:
1. Unlocking driver's door from the outside, with the key, does not disarm the factory Pontiac alarm.
There's a setting for this in the programming menu in the driver information center, above the radio.
The owner's manual should explain how to change the features.....but you want to turn that feature back on, to avoid having the alarm go off in the future.
2. AM6 remote start doesn't work. You said it no longer locks or unlocks the doors, or remote starts the car......but does it do anything at all? Does if flash the lights? Make clicking sounds under the dash? Anything?
Most shops will only want to replace it, rather than repair. It usually takes forever to dig into someone else's install, and then we'll "inherit" any future problems with the system as well.
However, you could probably find an install guide for the AM6, and with some basic tools to disassemble the car, as well as a test light and/or multimeter, go and test each wire going to the system one by one, and hopefully find where the problem is.
mike swanson 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2009 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
Unlocking driver's door from the outside, with the key, does not disarm the factory Pontiac alarm.
Are you sure??
A Light Green wire in the driver door boot should disarm the factory
This wire is tied to the unlock from outside
This factory alarm has 4 modes you can set it for
grasshoper420 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2009 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
I meening me need help with my auto mate 6 need to reprogram it it dose not work at all it s a xcrs
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic