icon

2006 dodge magnum alarm issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
antifork 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2009 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
I have a client with a 2006 dodge magnum that I'm trying to install a Clifford matrix rsx3.5. My issue is that the alarm arms but doesn't lock and unlock the doors. I put on the double resistors on the one cable that unlocks and locks but the unlock cable stays grounded. Also when the car starts through the alarm it starts but shuts off. But with the key the ignition it starts without an issue. I ran the resistor to the second ignition with the ground but still no go. Can anybody see what I'm doing wrong with the car or could be the alarm itself.
Just cut ur frame and drag the thing!
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 30, 2009 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
Locks: How do you have them connected? Do you have relays or diodes wired in there?
Remote start: What are you using to bypass the car's Sentry Key theft deterrent system during remote start?
antifork 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2009 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
Right now I have two resistors on the one cable for the locks but I have the blue(unlock) cable grounding while the green(lock) not doing anything when I arm the alarm. But where is that key sense bypass at?
ajstetler 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2009 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
Are you using relays for locks? How are you placing the resistors? The bypass that Chris is speaking of is something you have to purchase additional to the remote start. It will provide the same information to the vehicle during remote start as the factory key when it starts the vehicle. If you don't duplicate what the car does with the key, you will have all sorts of issues.
Big Al
antifork 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2009 at 11:13 PM / IP Logged  
Hmm I never heard of a module for that. But shouldn't the alarm already have that key sense module with it. But I'm going to try relays toorow on the locks. For now I have a 100 ohm resistor on the unlock side and a 300 ohm on the unlock side. But I think because the unlock cable is staying at a negative pulse the whole time there might be the issue with the resistors.
ajstetler 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2009 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
You have to use relays with the resistors in this application. The output current from the brain is only enough to drive a relay.
And as far as a "key sense" module, I think you are misunderstanding what the vehicle requires during remote start. The alarm won't have anything built in for the Sentry Key system. Basically, a chip in the key that emits an RF code that the antenna loop around the key cylinder must receive. Most vehicles or manufacturers (now days) have a proprietary anti-theft system (not an alarm) that deters someone from "hot-wiring" ignition wires to start the vehicle without a key. In theory, when you install a remote start you are "hot-wiring" it, but in a more professional manner! That's what a bypass is for. This may be why the vehicle dies immediately after remote start. There are modules, especially for this vehicle, that will do Sentry Key, locks, and factory arm/disarm.
Check out http://www.xpresskit.com
Big Al
antifork 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2009 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
That's a very interesting point I need to take a look at that tommorrow.
antifork 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2009 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I tried to use a canmax400 today with bad results. The thing killed itself. Any other modules that could would be appreciated.
ajstetler 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2009 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
I personally have used the DLPKCHG2 module from xpresskit. It does door locks, Sentry Key, and factory alarm/disarm. There are other modules that installers have used, I just never used them. I have no particular preference to this module.
Big Al
antifork 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2009 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  
Ok I have basically gave up on the car because 1 the customer got wized already and 2 I have no more money to spend on another module. Good news the alrm didn't go to waste it ended up another car that the client had.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic