box too small?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eric21 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  

tjjr8120 wrote:
With one sub you can reach a distance but you might need more battery's and cap's to hold up to the current draw i custom built a 3000 watt 15" 1 ohm dvc and it blew away a 15" rockford fosgate punch power dvc and a 15" kicker solo baric off the same amplifier in a 2.5 cu.ft. box the difference the rockford bass level was amazing but you couldn't hear it from 30 yards away , the solo sounded real deep in the 2.5 and in the 1.5 like it's ment to be by kicker the bass level was around 145db but started to distort around 20hz and they can handle 750 rms @ 18hz and my custom built subwoofer hit's 1500 rms @ 2ohms at 12 hz the sound pressure was around 167 @ 700 watts rms and the alpine headunit volume was at 22 and the mtx crossover was at 1/2 way and the gain on the amplifier was all the way down and the bass was set on the 16hz and we listen to it for 3-4 minuate's enough to listen to one song and we went inside so the customer can write me a check to find out that all his picture's and all his things all over the house including his 3 rooms and the bathroom has rattled onto the floor and i sat their for 15 minuates cleaning up the mess my subwoofer left and we was 25 yards from his house when we was listening to the system.

Wow you were doing 167db @ 12hertz with only 700 watts , thats really impresive ROTFLMFAO.  That has got to be the biggest bunch of BS I have ever read... EVER haha

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  

imupabove wrote:
where do i connect the line driver? between my deck and amp? i do not know how to build a box. i dont even have the right tools.

Based on this statement and all your other posts, I sincerely recommend you put all your equipment into the back seat or trunk and drive to a good installer's shop in your area, and pay for some assistance.  Seriously.

Support the12volt.com
imupabove 
Copper - Posts: 369
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
no no no no. i hate audio shops. i rather blow up my car in front of my house. THANKS! BYE!
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  

imupabove wrote:
no no no no. i hate audio shops. i rather blow up my car in front of my house. THANKS! BYE!

That is an unfortunate attitude to bring to an installer's forum.  Where do you live, perhaps I can make a recommendation of a good shop.

Support the12volt.com
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
Imup, may I ask how old you are? Just wondering!   DYohn's advice isnt something debatable. It may help you more than any question you think asking will. Now I admire your ambition, I was the same way except I was dealing with Pyramid, Profile and Sherwood which isnt as important to get the stars aligned as your equipment. WE can help you but, things like how your connections terminate and how your wires are ran, those factors (and too many others) will make or brake the system. The amount you have invested is serious. Loving sound is great. However a complete installer is a electrician, fabricator, craftsmen, carpenter, mechanic, interior designer, acoustic engineer, architect, plumber, pizza driver, and ONE HELL of a patient SOB. You are on your way brutha, but even I got shops that I patronize and utilize when needed. I wouldnt have a system right now if it wasnt for shops.
This is what I do for FUN!
imupabove 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
i never spent a penny at audio shops (except wires and terminals). its all love though, we gotta make a living right?
anyways.. theirs this guy that can build me a custom ported box, and he said he can make my 12 sound like a 15. he said first he has to measure my trunk, hes charging me 100-160 (not bad right?). i live in San Diego, California. my wiring is done correctly.
- from car batt. to cap is a 4 gauge
- cap to amps (2) 8 gauge power wire splits to my mrp-m500 and punch amp
- 4 gauge ground for my mrp
- 4 gauge ground for the cap
- 8 gauge ground for punch amp
(all grounds are on separate)
is this setup okay^^^^?
thanks guys.
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
Oh ya, WHEN(emphasis) you realize that the 1-M500 and 1 type R 12 isnt satisfying your needs, your going to be upgrading. Battery, big 3 and 4 guage on the MRP 12V+. You have a lot of work left to do...keep busy!
This is what I do for FUN!
vibrationcustum 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
it ways happens that way, all ways want more
Can't be loud then don't have it.
(power acoustik system)
Head unit- TID-896 7" TOUCHSCREEN
ovn1-5500d 09 and another one coming soon
4-12" mofos 12ft3 box to 40hz (wall)
2 batterys, 1 power
imupabove 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  
ianarian wrote:
Oh ya, WHEN(emphasis) you realize that the 1-M500 and 1 type R 12 isnt satisfying your needs, your going to be upgrading. Battery, big 3 and 4 guage on the MRP 12V+. You have a lot of work left to do...keep busy!
what kind of battery? brands?
the mrp recommends 8 gauge, but when i didnt have a 4 channel amp, i used fork terminals and used a 4 gauge, i think it sounds the same not sure though. oh yeah what do i need to buy for the big 3; 0 gauge wiring right? how long?
DYohn 
Posted: August 06, 2009 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic