icon

2005 jetta back up wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
popeye004 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2009 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
Can anyone please tell me where I can find this wire the reverse light. I mean I can hook it up to the lights in the back but I was hooping that I can find a wire near the front under the dash.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 08, 2009 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
2005 jetta back up wire -- posted image.Reverse LightsBLACK/ BLUE(+)AT VEHICLE UNDER DASH FUSEBOX
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
popeye004 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 08, 2009 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
It is under the fuse box?
i am an idiot 
Posted: August 08, 2009 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
It is AT the fusebox, the fusebox is located Under the dash.   It should also be in the harness that runs to the back of the car.  It will probably run down the rear edge of the kick panel and then it may enter a channel under the carpet in the drivers door.
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2009 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  
You definately ain't no trouble shooter Mr. Idiot 2005 jetta back up wire -- posted image.. Your last line should have read carpet edge ADJACENT to the door, actually you've got to pull a nasty Audi style trim to get to it, my suggestion would be to open the back, very the colour of the wire, see which side of the vehicle the loom exits to the front. Whichever side that loom exits, go to that side dkp and all will be revealed.
richl68 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2009 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
You definately ain't no trouble shooter Mr. Idiot 2005 jetta back up wire -- posted image.. Your last line should have read carpet edge ADJACENT to the door, actually you've got to pull a nasty Audi style trim to get to it, my suggestion would be to open the back, very the colour of the wire, see which side of the vehicle the loom exits to the front. Whichever side that loom exits, go to that side dkp and all will be revealed.

if dkp is "drivers kick panel" is pkp "passenger kick panel"? lol if so your saying it should be in the dkp or pkp just want to make it super clear that the wire may be in either or 2005 jetta back up wire -- posted image.

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 09, 2009 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
You're absolutely right, I was thinking UK spec where it all goes to the right hand (i.e.DKP in the UK) should have read Kick panel since I've no idea which side until you look!
i am an idiot 
Posted: August 09, 2009 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  

Boy this has been a bad week for me.  First I find out that I am not a Master Installer,  then I find out that I am not a troubleshooter, and then to top it all off, my buddy Howie lets me know that I ain't worth a darn for giving instructions.  What else could go wrong?  

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2009 at 3:04 AM / IP Logged  

Don't worry Mr. I. One still loves ya, respects your advice and knowledge and thinks you SHOULD make the name change to either Mr (Circuit) Magic except maybe that's too close to a certain warm water wizard, or even Circuit City NO or Mr. Circuit Guru.

PS On Saturday, I did an alarm R/S on a vehicle I've never done before or even HEARD of called a Mazda Bongo A.K.A.  Ford Frendee HONESTLY, yesterday I was on a Russian Gun site, very good reference site when I got Trojanned.  Had to get Daughter to scrub it, mind you she did tear the headlight washer off my car earlier in the day, mind you what with 11 year old grandson, stereo, sat nav and camera warning all talking to her at once......She says I should get rid of my Norton especially as it has expired.  Any thoughts?  Acer 3690 Laptop.

popeye004 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2009 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  
So would you say it's better to just find the wire in the back trunk? I would really like ti find one under the dash.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic