64 impala wagon viper 771

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rawcustumz 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2009 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  

t&t tech wrote:
It will start when you program to tach, but it will die immediately! Leave it set to volatge sense and take the engine checking off, and voltage threshold also at low! If it still shuts off after a few seconds, you could use a tach inductor from dei, alot easier and safer.

Why will it die immediately?  All the remote starts I do I do the tach wire.  Voltage is to inconsistant.

I have it set to voltage now on low voltage but would like to set it to tach
Help me understand why it will die
Thanks
Bernie

Bernie
MECP Certified
64 Impala Wagon
2007 Camry LE
jmsounds 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2009 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  

hello    it will die because the the alarm is program for tach and is not detecting any voltage you need to change to voltage check it would be more recomended on this car because if the car does't start the alarm will keep the starter engage until it detects the engine is running   /unles you know the car will start any time without pushing the gas pedal you may use the tach wire 

parking light should be brown  i don't think is deferent color  i just  did a 66 impala    good luck

rawcustumz 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2009 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  

I did set it to voltage check, and I set it to low voltage because on regular voltage it would die after 10 and in the manual it says to change it to low voltage.

I wanted to set it to tach because thats the best way to do a remote start normally.

I have the parking lights on the brown wire and im getting nothing.  Did you goto the parking light or were you able to get it at the switch??

Thanks

Bernie

Bernie
MECP Certified
64 Impala Wagon
2007 Camry LE
rawcustumz 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2009 at 9:34 AM / IP Logged  

Alright back to the parking lights

I used my meter and tested the white wire coming out of alarm for the parking lights.  When I turn on my parking lights Im getting 12v on that wire but if I leave the lights off and arm and disarm the car its not sending  out any volts at all?
Is the alarm bad??  Or am I testing it incorrectly??

im leaving the  remote start alone, its on Voltage test.  Its really only hooked up for  the fun of it I really dont use it.  Its working  so thats what counts.

Thanks for your time

Bernie

Bernie
MECP Certified
64 Impala Wagon
2007 Camry LE
rawcustumz 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2009 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  

I came across one of these (530t) and would like to use it on my rear powered window in my 1964 Impala Wagon. I was wondering since I dont have the technology in my old car for the one touch feature will this module work?? I was also thinking maybe the window would be to heavy but it goes up faster than some chevy truck front windows. I know how to install them just wondering if it would work since I dont have an auto down module already? Lastly I prob should have it closer to the motor than the switch correct?  The switch is on the dash and Im looking at doing the rear tailgate window.  Its already powered by the way.

Thanks for your time

Bernie

Bernie
MECP Certified
64 Impala Wagon
2007 Camry LE
rawcustumz 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2009 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  

Back to parking lights.

I just noticed tonight that my tail lights flash when I arm and disarm the car along with my dash lights.
But my front parking lights do not flash at all
I checked to make sure they are working and they are.  I checked to make sure they are working with blinkers they are
Any ideas why they wont flash with alarm???

Thanks

Bernie

Bernie
MECP Certified
64 Impala Wagon
2007 Camry LE
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic