icon

clarion eqs746

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
imupabove 
Copper - Posts: 369
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2009 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
so this EQ will make my system sound nice if i tuned it right?
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2009 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  

imupabove wrote:
so this EQ will make my system sound nice if i tuned it right?

Maybe.  If used correctly it can help compensate for some problems in the system.  And some people just like to play with them.  But seriously, don't expect miracles.

Support the12volt.com
imupabove 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2009 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
dang. you are a negative person. laugh my buttox off. haha.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2009 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
Just being straight with you.  EQs ruin the sound of more systems than they help - it's all about the skill of the owner in setting them up!  clarion eqs746 - Page 3 -- posted image.
Support the12volt.com
imupabove 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2009 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
ruin? i doubt that. we'll see. ill grab life by the horns on this one. ill let you know the out come :].
imupabove 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2009 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
what is the best way to install a Clarion EQS746. im not sure where do i connect the power (12+) to. that goes for the remote and ground. can someone please me help me thanks. btw, i have a `93 camry.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 17, 2009 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  

The power wire of the EQ should connect to the same point that the yellow wire of your radio is  connected.  The ground should connect to the ground connection of your radio.  The remote wire of hte EQ connects to the Blue/White wire of the radio.

Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
imupabove 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2009 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
power wire- i can connect it to yellow wire even though my headunit is connected to it also? i can just use black tape right. same goes with the remote?
ground wire- i grounded my headunit to the chassis. so i can just connect it to the black wire of my car's wire harness right?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 17, 2009 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
i am an idiot wrote:

The power wire of the EQ should connect to the same point that the yellow wire of your radio is  connected.  The ground should connect to the ground connection of your radio.  The remote wire of hte EQ connects to the Blue/White wire of the radio.

Is the ground wire of the harness the same place you grounded your radio?

Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
ianarian 
Copper - Posts: 516
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2009 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
Imup, I got to applaud you for your persistence and dedication. Your on your way. Remember that the basics like Dyohn posted earlier, are the corner stone of any respected sound system. Be elite.
This is what I do for FUN!
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic