icon

door actuator

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
micrors4racer 
Copper - Posts: 88
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2009 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 1985 AE86 Corolla and I'm planning on installing door lock actuators and an alarm. I was wondering what I needed to hook up the solenoids to the alarm.
I am thinking of getting these motors
http://cgi./2-POWER-DOOR-LOCK-ACTUATOR-TOYOTA-COROLLA-CAMRY-AE86_W0QQitemZ400067969855QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5d25e8c33f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
What else would I need? And where would I get the blue/green harness for the motor because that one doesn't seem to include it.
micrors4racer 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2009 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2009 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
There doesn't appear to be a working link but anyway to answer your questions, most DECENT aftermarket kits such as MES, Sempal (Spal) or the leading alarm manufacturers such as DEI manufacture or distribute kits with complete looms such as 5 wire control actuators for the front and 2 wire for the rear. These kits usually come with a control relay. There will be two wires coming off the relay which are low current neg. switching, able to work with any centre off momentary switch or any make of alarm.
micrors4racer 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2009 at 2:03 AM / IP Logged  
Does this forum block ebay links? I think that is why.
What would I need to make this work on my alarm?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2009 at 3:26 AM / IP Logged  

As I thought, after looking at the picture, they are unknown brand STANDARD actuators, nothing special about them. Search the web for one of the manufacturers I listed above, they all do complete kits with wiring looms, relay* etc.  Steelmate are another but the MES kits are the best quality.

* They are not 2 x normal relays, they have built in timers that shut down their internal coil after 3 secs.

Try this it's the best:-  www.a1electric.com This is how you add a link by the way.

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 20, 2009 at 5:37 AM / IP Logged  
http://www.a1electric.com/mes.htm
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
micrors4racer 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2009 at 2:43 AM / IP Logged  
Damn thats a little out of price range right now I am trying to put this system together on the cheap since I got the Scytek pager alarm for only $30 and its a 1985 corolla haha. Any other cheaper brands?
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2009 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
Have you ever wired relays...Im assuming these are just the actuators w/ two wires coming out...Most alarm install manuals include aftermarket actuator wiring...Not horribly diffucult...But if you have never seen a relay...Spend the extra and get the all-in-1 kit...Your head will ache less... Oh BTW...Does the door have a rubber boot in the door jamb...That little rubber boot that protects the wires...?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 24, 2009 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
Actuators / Reverse Polarity
This is practically identical to the 5 wire alternating 12V(+) system above. The only difference is there's no switch! Both motor legs rest at ground at the relays. To lock or unlock the vehicle, polarity is changed on one motor leg.

door actuator -- posted image.
Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
micrors4racer 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
Yea it has rubber boots why?
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic