remote starter, 1999 chevy malibu

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
road_dog 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2009 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  

hey have any of you heard about the brand scytek

A shrimp vicious enough to kill a goat is still a shrimp.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 07, 2009 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not sure where the Boa comment came from but I do have experiance with them and I will NEVER buy another one again.  The range is absolutely terrible - I've tried mounting the antenna in countless different ways and have no improvement.  I have to be within 8' of the car to reliably make it work.  Spend a little extra and get a valet 562t
Kevin Pierson
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2009 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  
Never used scytek...Havent heard anything bad though...! How much do you want to spend...? What does the shop your thinking about going to offer as far as product brands...?? With base everything...your car should be a slammer...! (although i already forget what kind it is...)
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2009 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
If you are having a shop install this you are better off having them do what brand they sell. If there an issue they can resolve it. If you bring your own equipment any problems you encounter are out of your pocket as you supplied the product. Avital 4103 solid unit easy to use, autopoage rs603 solid unit easy to use. BOA's are crap, keep looking. Scytek is a great money maker for me, we removed approx, 48-49 units last year to replace them with a viper.
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2009 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
code is code alarm and they have been around for as long time, they used to be one of if not the onlt one made in usa, but they have since been bought by audiovox, i have used audiovox and code alarm for years with excellent reliability, many great options out there just gotta find one you klike with all the features you feel you want/need etc.
but as stated above, buy one from the shop doing the install so as to avoid uneccessary expenses(i.e- unit fails, you have paid to install it now you have to pay to remove it, you have to send it to manufacturer for repair then pay to have it reinstalled)where if you bought product from that shop they will warranty on the spot
road_dog 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2009 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  

tommy... wrote:
Never used scytek...Havent heard anything bad though...! How much do you want to spend...? What does the shop your thinking about going to offer as far as product brands...?? With base everything...your car should be a slammer...! (although i already forget what kind it is...)

im looking to spend around $250 i only want remote start....and as for my car its a 99 chevy malibu its a base model it dont got power windows, power door locks etc, it has every thing else just not these features i mentioned...

road_dog 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2009 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  

xtremej wrote:
If you are having a shop install this you are better off having them do what brand they sell. If there an issue they can resolve it. If you bring your own equipment any problems you encounter are out of your pocket as you supplied the product. Avital 4103 solid unit easy to use, autopoage rs603 solid unit easy to use. BOA's are crap, keep looking. Scytek is a great money maker for me, we removed approx, 48-49 units last year to replace them with a viper.

well bro as for me having it installed at a shop i dont think i want a crappy kit because the shop close to were i live just about install scytek and i found a audio store that does autopage they have a kit that will do keyless entry and remote start i think for like $330 installed......i think im better off buying a viper i seen a kit that sells for around $250 or something like that....

road_dog 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2009 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  

jim hunter wrote:
code is code alarm and they have been around for as long time, they used to be one of if not the onlt one made in usa, but they have since been bought by audiovox, i have used audiovox and code alarm for years with excellent reliability, many great options out there just gotta find one you klike with all the features you feel you want/need etc.
but as stated above, buy one from the shop doing the install so as to avoid uneccessary expenses(i.e- unit fails, you have paid to install it now you have to pay to remove it, you have to send it to manufacturer for repair then pay to have it reinstalled)where if you bought product from that shop they will warranty on the spot

i hear you on your statement about the audiovox and seems like a good reliable product but like i mentioned in another post i dont think i wanna get it installed because most shops around were i live install scytek and not only that some shops advertise a remote system install for $120 i think those are worthless kits...

road_dog 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2009 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  

is anyone familiar with the brand crimestopper that is another brand that is installed here were i live...

road_dog 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2009 at 1:02 AM / IP Logged  

what is every one opinion on this kit it not only fits within my budget but does what i want keyless entry with remote start

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001OBZNGK/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&qid=1252475527&sr=8-3&condition=new

Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic