icon

ungo s100, 2002 pontiac grand am

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
02_grandam 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2009 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, so I have an Ungo S100 alarm installed in my 2002 Pontiac Grand Am SE. It was working fine until tonight. I had finally gotten around to interfacing my oem door locks with the alarm, so when I armed it, it locked the doors, and when I disarmed it, it would unlock them. Anyways, I tried it out, and got to a point where I realized I needed 2 relays. I was trying to hook the locks up by using a 1500ohm resistor on the alarms unlock trigger, and direct connecting the alarms lock trigger (It's a single wire negative trigger system). But yeah, I figured out I need the 2 relays, so I taped both of the alarm triggers up so I could do it tomorrow when i got the 2 relays. I tried the alarm then, and it worked fine. I came inside for about 5 minutes, and came back out in the shed to find I had locked my keys in the car. No problem, came in and got my extra key and alarm remote and went out and unlocked it with that one. Tried the alarm on the spare remote...no dice. So I then tried my regular remote, since I thought that was odd, and still nothing. Since I had my radio out (Alarm is hidden behind there) I dissconnected all the harness, checked both fuses, and reconnected them, and still nothing. I know the until has power, as when I hit the car, the little light in the shock sensor lights up.
Also, I changed the battery in the remote, still nothing. I then tried the relearn procedure (Press the lock button several times so the remote can re-sync itself) Still nothing.
Anyone, what could have happened? The alarm was only installed about 6 months ago.
02_grandam 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2009 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  
Well, the brain seems to still work. I can put it into valet mode and override mode successfully using the ignition and the override button, and the led responds accordingly. It's also still sending power to the shock sensor, as the little light inside it lights up when the vehicle is hit. But it will not respond to ethier remote at all. I'm going to try a new battery today, see if that does it any justice. Could the antenna have failed?
91stt 
Silver - Posts: 564
Silver spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 09, 2009 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
Try reprogramming the remotes
The manual can be obtained here: http://www.clarion.com/us/en/MungoBlobs/1022/175/S100_INSTALL,1.pdf
02_grandam 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2009 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you so much!!!!!!

The Product manual told me to keep pressing the lock button to re-sync the remote. But, as directed above, the installation manual had a programming sequence. I tried it once, and it still didn't work. But, after a little more reading, I figured I'd do a sequence that would make the alarm forget each remote, so it's memory was wiped clean. I then tried the re-program sequence for arm, disarm, and panic, and it works perfect once again!

Once again, thank you very much! You just saved me 200 bucks!

02_grandam 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2009 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  

The car is a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am SE Coupe, the Alarm is an Ungo S100.

I'm interfacing my door locks into my alarm, so the doors lock on arming, and unlock on disarming. I understand the locks on the Grand am are negative single wire triggered, so the unlock trigger from the alarm must connect to the lock wire with a 1500ohm resistor, and the lock trigger can be directly connected to the same wire.  I also learned that relays must be used to make it work properly. I had no clue how to wire the configuration to work properly with the relays, so I done some searching on my Grand Am forum and found this diagram:

http://64.85.6.129/extrainfo/diagrams/15941_GRAND-AM_GRAND%20AM%201%20WIRE%20JBS%20UNITS.pdf

This is apparently the correct way to hook it up (The first one, as my unit doesn't have on-board door lock relays)

I hooked it up this way, and it doesn't do anything. When I connect the ground, it unlocks the doors. Nothing when I press the buttons on the remote. What am I doing wrong?

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,673
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 10, 2009 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged  
When you arm and disarm the alarm, do you hear the relays click with each of the above actions?  If you ground the other end of the 1500 ohm resistor, does it work?
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2009 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  

Does the ungo have +/- door lock outputs...If the unit has just - outputs...I dont think you will need relays...Can you list the wire description of the lock/unlock...?

Power UnlockWHITE(-)AT BCM MODULE NEAR GLOVEBOX BEHIND RIGHT SIDE OF DASH
ungo s100, 2002 pontiac grand am  -- posted image.PowerLockLIGHT BLUE(-)AT BCM MODULE NEAR GLOVEBOX BEHIND RIGHT SIDE OF DASH

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
02_grandam 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2009 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  

First off, I'd like to apologize to the mods for making a double post. I didn't realize I posted the problem in here as well.

Here's whats in the installation manual, in terms of the locks:
Green Wire: (-) Lock, (+) Unlock Output
Blue Wire: (-) Unlock, (+) Lock Output
So yes, it does have + - Lock Outputs.

In all of the instrustions I've seen, it mentions nothing of tapping that light blue wire, just hitting the white wire in the drivers kick panel with both Outputs, and having a resistor on one. Just wondering if the blue wire comes into play.

When I hit the lock & unlock buttons, no action happens except for my alarm Arming & Dis-arming. The only action I get it the doors lock when I connect the ground wire (As per the relay diagram above) when the resistor is on one output, and if I take it off and put it on the other Output, then they will unlock when i connect the ground. I will try just grounding the other end of the resistor, but I can't see that having an effect.

Anyone else? I'd love to get this done tonight.

tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2009 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
When doing resistance based door locks w/ +/- door lock output...Although this usually applies w/ dodges...I would have to put some diodes in-line or wire up some relays...It would Lock or unlock with just one wire attached...When i would attach both...I would get nothing...!! If it is resistance based...There is only one wire...How i usually check it is...Connect two leads from the door lock wire...Put the resistor in-line on one of them...Touch one wire to ground...Did it lock/unlock...then put the other one on ground...Did it unlock/lock...? If you sucessfully get the lock/unlock to work w/ just touching the two earlier attached wires to ground...Then you can do a convert polarity relay to give you the correct output...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2009 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
Convert a Positive Output to a Negative Output
If you have a switch or an alarm or keyless entry that has a positive output that you wish to use to switch a device that requires a ground such as a horn, dome light, parking lights, head lights, hatch release, etc., wire a relay as shown below to convert the positive output (trigger) to a negative output.
ungo s100, 2002 pontiac grand am  -- posted image.
Here's the same configuration showing a positive output from an alarm or remote keyless entry used to activate a vehicle's parking light relay that requires a ground to turn the lights on.
ungo s100, 2002 pontiac grand am  -- posted image.
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic