ungo s100, 2002 pontiac grand am

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
02_grandam 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2009 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  

tommy... wrote:
How i usually check it is...Connect two leads from the door lock wire...Put the resistor in-line on one of them...Touch one wire to ground...Did it lock/unlock...then put the other one on ground...Did it unlock/lock...? If you sucessfully get the lock/unlock to work w/ just touching the two earlier attached wires to ground...Then you can do a convert polarity relay to give you the correct output...

This makes sense to me. I'll try it tomorrow and report back.

One question though. How do I know which output from the alarm is + ? (So I know which one to hook the relay up to) I know above I specified colors, but I'm using a different 3 pin harness. Thanks once again!

tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2009 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged  
 green...(+) Unlock Output
 blue...(+) Lock Output
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
02_grandam 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2009 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
I just tried attaching two leads to the white door lock wire. The resistor one locked, the regular one unlocked. So, I hooked up both alarm outputs to seperate relays, and wired them as per the schematic tommy posted on page one. Tried the remote, no dice. The only action I got from them was when the wire coming off pole 85 touched pole 87A (Middle pole) instead of pole 30, it would lock (Or unlock on the other relay)
Anyone know what i can do? lol   I figure it's something simple, I just can't figure it out.
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2009 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
Did you try just adding diodes in-line...? Do you have a meter...? Are the added relays clicking when you press lock/unlock...? Pay attention to the ones you added...As you might hear the internal relays clicking inside ungo alarm , instead of added ones...!  If you do have a meter and are hearing the added relays clicking when pressing lock/unlock...The next step is to check output on alarm...then relays...! If they are not clicking recheck wiring...!
M.E.C.P & First-Class
02_grandam 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2009 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
Relays are not clicking. I will be checking with a meter momentarily, what should I check for, and where (just to be sure) No diodes are inline, but I'm almost sure diode isolation isn't needed.
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2009 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
It is b/c there are both + and - output ...thats why a diode would be needed...! You have rechecked the wires going to relay...Did you mix up input/output...? I have used diodes in the dodge applications...I mentioned this in my earlier post...!
M.E.C.P & First-Class
tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2009 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
As far as checking...If the relays are not clicking...Means no output...! So you want to verify the wires going to the relays have a good signal/connection...! If everything has been checked and verified...I throw in the white towell...! Will have to wait for some new ideas/help...Sorry...I really wish i would of stayed at a holiday inn express last night...Geez...!
M.E.C.P & First-Class
02_grandam 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2009 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  

Just checked the output from the alarm...getting some crazy readings.

A constant 4.72V from one wire, regardless if the remote is used, and nothing on the other wire, with a 2mv spike when the button is pressed....

tommy... 
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2009 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
Are they still connected to the relays...? If so...Lets dis-connect and retest...? If they were disconnected from the relays...and not attached to anything... There might be a problem with the outputs on the alarm...! Is this a new unit...?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
02_grandam 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2009 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, I bought used but it was never hooked up. And nothing was connected.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic