icon

07 dodge nitro remote start problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mobiletint 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2009 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  

Hopefully, maybe not though. I always just use an ADS DL and flash it to whatever I need. Maybe it will still let you reflash it anyway with at least the same but a newer version.

It still seems that you might not have the transponder operating correctly. That would shut the car off right after start. I would make sure the antenna is looped several times and plugged in right.

tbird2340 
Copper - Posts: 363
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2009 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
mobiletint wrote:

Hopefully, maybe not though. I always just use an ADS DL and flash it to whatever I need. Maybe it will still let you reflash it anyway with at least the same but a newer version.

It still seems that you might not have the transponder operating correctly. That would shut the car off right after start. I would make sure the antenna is looped several times and plugged in right.

Thanks again for the help.. What exactly is the transponder? That isn't the actual bypass, right? It's the cable that plugs into the bypass that has a small device on the end near the bypass and then the ring antenna on the other?
If I am able to hold that device that is inline with the cable inside a key and I can start it up fine doesn't that show the bypass / transponder is correctly programmed?
mobiletint 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2009 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  

That "device" is the transponder. If youve done the antenna around the keycylnder a bunch of loops and its still not working then maybe the bypass isnt activating it during remote start.

That may be a result of the standard wiring method not telling the module when to activate the ring.

If you can take the cable part, not the antenna part, and use a relay to connect the two black wires in the cable during remote start it will send the transponder signal to the key cylinder and the car will start.

Just take an ignition wire and ground out while running to activate the relay. Then have cut the plug that goes in the CH3 off and connect them to the relay so that they are connected during remote start and seperated normally. 

tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2009 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks again for helping me..
Before I try that you think I should try flashing the bypass to that CH5 firmware?
mobiletint 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2009 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
and for the record this is totally not where/how I would normally go about this, but you seem to be stuck with only a few things at hand.
mobiletint 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2009 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  

tbird2340 wrote:
Thanks again for helping me..
Before I try that you think I should try flashing the bypass to that CH5 firmware?

If it will take it or give you a new version, definately. If you plug the brain in, I think there is a way for you to update that as well. (which would prob rectify the idatalink 2way)

Im pretty sure that it doesnt know when to activate the ring. Check on the standard wiring the ground out while running.

tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2009 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
OK.. I just got my module and went to flash it.. It looks like I can select the CH5 firmware but when I choose "Firmware Coverage" it says no vehicle coverage..
07 dodge nitro remote start problems - Page 3 -- posted image.
Also when I try to look at the install guide for the CH5 it isn't listed either:
And lastly, when I choose an 07 Dodge Nitro the CH5 firmware isn't listed either.. I will wait to flash it until I hear back from you.. Thanks again..
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2009 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
Doing some more digging.. Is it just the BLADE-AL(DL)-CH5 that will do this? I found a manual for the CH5 but it was for Blade module wiring..
mobiletint 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2009 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
you were right there... just click on the CH5 and youll get the guide when you flash the module in step three.. then go from there.
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2009 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
Finally got around to trying this..
It gets further.. But still doesn't stay running..
When I do a remote start with the CH3 firmware it stays running for about 2 seconds and then shuts off.. When I do a remote start with the CH5 firmware it stays running longer but still shuts off..
Bypass programmed successfully and I am out of ideas..
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic