icon

03 chevy mailbu passlock ii problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
qnretail 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2009 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  

I am trying to figure out how to bypass the Passlock II immobilizer in a 2003 Chevy Malibu, The car died on the road and now the fuel pump won't start. It turns over but no start. The theft light stays on the dash and I can't seem to reset the module by turning the key and doing the reset sequence.

I pulled out the radio and there is a black wire with a white stripe coming off the rear if the ignition and it is all burned up. The shielding is mostly melted off. So when I disconnect this black wire the theft light turns off the dash but the car still won't start. When I reconnect it the light is back, and still no start. I tried to trace the wire back through the dash but can't figure out where it leads.

I don't care about using the vehicle's stock security system as I never had the remote for it anyway. I just want my car to start. Is there an easy way for me to bypass the passlock system or whatever is preventing the fuel pump from getting power?

Thank you!

2 x DD9515f's, Digital Designs Z1 amplifier
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2009 at 7:50 AM / IP Logged  
Did you get the resistance value before it started acting crazy...? Was the burned wire in the ignition harness or radio harness...? here is the link to bypass the passlock... http://documents.audiovox.com/700054.pdf ... And normally it is key to the on position for 15 minutes to reset...Not sure if this will work now...But give it a go...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
qnretail 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2009 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
It's coming from the ignition, and no I didn't get a resistance reading prior to this unfortunately. I've tried the 15 minute key thing to no avail... so I will check out the link you sent and hopefully figure out a way to bypass this thing. Still not sure why the wire fried in the first place...  Thanks!
qnretail 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2009 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
Ok.. I'm good with stereos.. but this is too complicated for me. Is anyone in the Los Angeles area that I could pay to do this for me?
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2009 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
Any install shop should be able to do the bypass...You really need to identify this wire that burned...! Is it a small wire...Do you have a meter...? Is there a remote start installed currently...? Was anything recently installed/repaiRED / replaced...? You say the car died while driving...are you sure it is a bypass problem...? Whatever made it shut-off while driving is probably the reason its not starting now...?! Or is a symptom of...maybe...?? Do any other lights/signals on the dash turn "OFF" when you remove the "black" wire...?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
qnretail 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2009 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  

The front passenger headlight was smashed a few months ago in a collision and I had recently tried to wire in a replacement headlight for temporary use until the body work could be done. Other than that, nothing had been changed on the vehicle. There is no remote start but I have replaced the ignition and done some work on the wiring in the past. Never had any problems with it starting though. The vehicle only has 70k miles on it. It died because the fuel pump shut off and still won't kick on. But it showed no signs of the fuel pump going bad prior to this..

qnretail 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2009 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
Oh and the little black wire is coming directly from the ignition harness. I'm pretty sure it is a ground wire maybe leading back to the passlock module..? If that was the case, the burned up wire would then change the resistance and throw the passlock into theft mode, right?
ckeeler 
Gold - Posts: 1,461
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2009 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
GM's are famous in the last decade for having crappy fuel pumps. find the fuel pump relay under the hood and test to see if the relay coil is getting power. if it is, and the relay doesnt energize, bad relay. if it is, and the relay does energize, bad fuel pump. if the terminals that energize the relay coil are not getting power, then you are looking at a passlock problem.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic