icon

lights dim, dealer bail out

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Blazermedic 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2003 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
I hammered a dealer a few weeks ago, and you can too! I had a 4wd hub go out on the highway, and took it to an authorized Chevy dealership to have it fixed. They fixed it and charged me the $100 deductible for my MajorGuard warranty. A week later, the same hub went out with the same problem, only this time it expanded to the differential, the electrical system and the oil hoses. (I have no idea how, but they all went out at once) I called the dealer after $5,400 of repair work was done on my Blazer. (Always buy the extended warranty, it was all covered!!!) I told them that I would sue for faulty repair work and creating an unsafe condition on a public road, and that $100 was back in my bank account so fast I couldn't believe it. I was so mad that I bought a new truck.
      You can always get the dealer, just appeal to how much business you bring them and you'll get them good.
Cary
copcarguy 
Copper - Posts: 122
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2003 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
Well here's the scoop. The dealer is full of it. After another 6 hours looking at my own wiring that they said was the problem I found out that it was a friggin' Ford problem.
The 3 conductor connector on the back of the alternator was bad. Spent all day Saturday tracking down new termninals and fixing the problem. I am a hero to my customer but I plan to go to the dealer all full of piss and vinegar to let them know what I think. Ford service is definitely sub-par!!!!
R Jackson
Owner/Installer
TRM Emergency Vehicles
Information is advice only and should be confirmed with OEM or quality test equipment.
Boyertown, Pennsylvania
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic