2005 mazda tribute remote start add on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
msgue6193 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2009 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  
chev104275 wrote:
where are you looking for the wire ?   did you try the harness coming from the door    it should be a larger wire maybe 14 to 16 ga
I'm looking in the drivers side kick panel for the wire. Yes I tried the pink/black at the door harness (must be neg. pulse). I mainly need to find what turns pos when i hit the lock button. I guess the best way is to put the tester on each wire one by one until it turns positive. I was just hoping one of them turns pos at the door harness. I was looking all over the web for a wiring diagram but can't find it?
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,428
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2009 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
this is for an 05 mariner but try it should be the same. At the SJB in a brown connector pin 20 should be Pink/Black 16 gauge
there should be one in the door harness it has to go from the Lock relay to the acuator inside the door     How are you testing a DMM ?
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
msgue6193 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2009 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
chev104275 wrote:
this is for an 05 mariner but try it should be the same. At the SJB in a brown connector pin 20 should be Pink/Black 16 gauge
there should be one in the door harness it has to go from the Lock relay to the acuator inside the door     How are you testing a DMM ?
I actually haven't connected anything to the SJB I will have to look on the passenger side center console for it. I using a 12v tester light I didn't see a need to break out the mulit meter (guess it is a good Idea for neg wires).
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2009 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
the only wiring diagrams i have are for escape/mariner which should be the same and they show a pink/black running from the SJB into the door to the acuator
msgue6193 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2009 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
chev104275 wrote:
the only wiring diagrams i have are for escape/mariner which should be the same and they show a pink/black running from the SJB into the door to the acuator
I will double check it the pink/black but does it say the wire is (+) or (-) ?
chev104275 
Posted: October 26, 2009 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
positive lock feed to the acuator
msgue6193 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2009 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  

chev104275 wrote:
positive lock feed to the acuator
'

I tested the pink/black wire going into the door and still no luck no pos. I plan to look at things better when i have more time this weekend. thanks for everyone that helped me. i will post  my findings .

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic