icon

alarm selection / 571xv?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2009 at 2:35 AM / IP Logged  
Quite true, it isn't that hard but then an early 80s Caddy would not really be different from your install, try an early 80s Benz for complexity!
jiels_liken 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2009 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  
so I got my hands on the 571XV and my window module is on its way I know I may get flamed but I went with the asianwolf/wolfcom module because it was cheaper. If it goes out then I'll buy the $80 DEI one but no need to tell me that it was a mistake as I already bought it
now I just need to know what wire to run to it there are many orange ones
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2009 at 2:20 AM / IP Logged  
Is there an orange wire on H1 plug?  'Cause that's the one.
jiels_liken 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2009 at 3:00 AM / IP Logged  
yes it says its "ground when armed output"
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 26, 2009 at 3:15 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
It's far simpler than you've posted. The GWA output (orange wire) tells the 530t to raise the windows on arming. .
   GWA=Ground out When Armed
jiels_liken 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2009 at 3:21 AM / IP Logged  
oh ok I read that but I was thinking about how to lower the windows with the press of a button now as it stands channel 4 is activated when I push aux and lock at the same time. can I program it so the channel 4 is activated when I push the yellow * button
jiels_liken 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2009 at 3:40 AM / IP Logged  
nevermind, I answered my own question lol I'm just antsy because I can't put this in yet so I'm over thinking everything
jiels_liken 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2009 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
tcool wrote:
The dei 530t is great. It controls 2 windows up and down. You also have the option to vent (crack open) your windows. I think the coolest feature is it converts all of your switches to "one touch" operation. Most cars have this for rolling down the driver's window, but after you hook up a 530t, you have it for both windows- up and down. Very cool.
does any know if the wolfcom module (Model # SMART), converts your switches to one touch operation?
jiels_liken 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2009 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
I need some help, I was installing my alarm today and I cannot figure out the window module, or more accurately my window circuitry, I guess. The window module is pretty simple to wire, I wired it to a window motor I had in the garage and it worked flawlessly but when it came to my windows in the car I hooked it up like it should and the windows would not work properly
my window switches have 4 wires each; one ground, one hot when the ignition is on, and one wire for up and one for down.
I wired in the proper wires for the direction then hook up the module to a constant +12V and a good ground and I touched the activation wire to ground and the relays in the module clicked but my windows did nothing
I looked at my cars wiring diagram (1984 Chevy Camaro) and the wires in the switch go straight to the motor, so I don't know what I am doing wrong.
please help
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 02, 2009 at 6:48 AM / IP Logged  
Notice the polarity of the following info
alarm selection / 571xv? - Page 2 -- posted image.Power UnlockBLACK(+)POSITIVE TRIGGER
alarm selection / 571xv? - Page 2 -- posted image.PowerLockLIGHT BLUE(+)DRIVER'S KICK PANEL
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic