icon

2009 toyota sienna remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jerryh3 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2009 at 4:34 AM / IP Logged  
I'm looking for a remote start solution for a 2009 Toyota Sienna that will retain the ability to remote unlock/lock/open sliding doors while the van is running. I was originally going to add an add-on starter using the factory remotes for the start trigger but it looks like you need to tap the keysense wire to disable the factory alarm and this would lock out the factory remotes from operating once the van is running. Does anyone have a suggestion for a system that will allow remote starting and lock/unlock/2 sliding door controls from a single remote? Thanks.
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2009 at 6:07 AM / IP Logged  
find the factory alarm/keyless module and use a relay to to open up the ignition to it.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 07, 2009 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  
There is a chance that this vehicle does not have a separate Keyless entry module. The door lock and unlock wires are at the BCM. Chances are the BCM is what controls the keyless entry. You can not trick the BCM.
jerryh3 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2009 at 8:06 AM / IP Logged  
That seems too simple. It appears that the keysense disables the OEM alarm but it also controls the remote fob lockout. If I interrupt the feed going to the factory module it seems like it would interfere with either of these features. I used to mess around with stuff a long time ago, but haven't touched an alarm or starter in about 10 years. It looks like the only solution would be to completely get rid of the factory fobs and get a system that has enough auxiliary outputs to control each sliding door. I saw an Autostart system that has buttons to do this but haven't seen anywhere to purchase it.
jerryh3 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2009 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  
So, if I completely bypass the factory keyless system and just send a pulse to the lock/unlock wires with the aftermarket starter/keyless I shouldn't have a problem? I would just have to find a a system with adequate aux outputs for the sliding doors?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Posted: December 07, 2009 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
I tried getting the factory keyless to work during remote start on a 2004-2010 Sienna (forget which year, but they're all the same), and I never could get it.
The factory remotes are nothing too special, and doorlocks and sliding doors are SUPER easy to do on that car.
Instead of an add-on remote start, you're talking about five more wire connections (lock, unlock, two sliders, and one hatch), mounting the antenna on the glass, and of course paying a few bucks extra for the product....I'd do it that way if it were my car.
Look into the Audiovox Prestige APS-687a or APS-687N. You'll see that it has separate buttons for lock, unlock, start/trunk, and AUX 1 and AUX 2.
I usually hook those up so that "trunk" is the rear hatch, 1 is the left slider, and 2 is the right slider.
P.S. Some of the modules from ADS (idatalink.com) are said to have special coding that allows the factory remotes to work during remote start. I'm not sure if it applies to your 2009 Sienna or not. You might get in touch with them and check.
jerryh3 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2009 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info. Yeah, the add-on is not an option anymore. I don't have the power hatch so I only need lock/unlock/2 sliders and I would like to keep the panic if possible. I was looking at the wire chart and it looks like I can hit the slider wires at the overhead switch. I assume there is a separate wire for each side. What bypass module do you recommend? I was looking at the XK05 but I'm a little confused about the different firmwares.
jerryh3 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 07, 2009 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
What is the difference between the 687A and 687N?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Posted: December 07, 2009 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
XK05 totally sucks for that car. Go to www.xpressdowload.com and read the install guide if you want....ridiculous. They have you running wires all over the place, and the wires with the XK05 don't reach and have to be extended.
ADS (idatalink.com) or Fortin (ifar.ca) both have excellent modules that are very easy to install right at the steering column.
I'm almost positive, from talking to some former co-workers, that the newest stuff from Audiovox with the "N" at the end of the model number, is that they've "decontented" the product a little bit to save some manufacturing costs.
The "N" series does NOT come with the following: four self-tapping screws, crimp-on ring terminal (for the ground wire), one diode pack, package of 15 resistors (for older GM cars with VATS).
Other than maybe the screws and ground connector, you won't be needing any of those other things for your install, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Also, you don't have to run up to the headliner to get the sliding doors.
Read this:
http://www.audiogroupforum.com/csforum/showthread.php?t=10631
All the Siennas I do, I do the same way, and I think they come out as very neat installations, because most of the wires are together in the same place.....the whole install only has five locations for wiring splices:
1. Ignition wires, horn, keysense (if XLE), parking lights, door trigger (if alarm/start combo), key transponder data: All in steering column harness.
2. Brake at driver's fuse box.
3. Tachometer at wiring bundle high above gas pedal. (Or sometimes I do them using voltage sensing, with no tach connection.)
4. Sliding doors at plug above parking brake pedal.
5. Locks in harness low in driver's kick panel, where it comes in from the door.
P.S. I'm guessing your van is an LE with whatever option package gives you the driver's slider? Only the XLE has a factory alarm; you shouldn't have to connect keysense.
jerryh3 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2009 at 7:08 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all of the info. The XK05 is definitely out. It's down to the PKALL/KEY-OVERRIDE-ALL or the ADS-TBSL-KO. My only concern with ADS is that if I order online, whether it would be shipped with the correct firmware. I really don't want to have to buy a loader. Mine is an LE, dual sliding doors, no power hatch. I'm not sure about the alarm, but I don't recall seeing an alarm/theft light on the dash anywhere. Amazon has the 687A so I may order it from them. I would really like to order the starter and bypass from the same place so if you have any suggestions I'm open to them.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic