icon

2009 toyota sienna remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jerryh3 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
I just tried it again and the headlights did not shut off after 30 minutes. This van doesn't have the "automatic" headlights, just the "auto-off" feature. It will shut the headlights off after about 30 seconds after you exit the vehicle even if you leave the switch on.
mckinneybugs 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2010 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry to hijack the thread...
I am interested in doing this to my '09 Sienna (LE w dual power sliders, no power lift). I am not really interested about the remote start feature. Could I still use the same hardware as Jerry and simply use it as a keyless entry unit? Or could you guys suggest a better unit/combo? TIA
mckinneybugs 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2010 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
Let me rephrase my last post... I am mainly interested in being able to open the power sliding doors via remote... with that being said is the equipment jerry used the best option for what I want to do? Do you guys have a better suggestion?
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2010 at 6:18 AM / IP Logged  
Your LE came with factory keyless that allowed the sliders to open on the remote. Why not simply go to Toyota and get a new remote programmed?
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
mckinneybugs 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2010 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
We bought it used approximately 6 months ago. When we purchased it the salesman said it would be around $800 to do that. If I purchased the remotes online and took them to the dealership would they reprogram the remotes, or is it something I could do? This would also be helpful since I currently only have one remote.
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic