the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2000 nissian sentra remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2009 at 1:28 AM / IP Logged  

If everything else works, parking lights flash, door lock & unlock and you can do a successful G11 reset, then you are doing very well!  I believe the issue is the way the G11 actually Tach Learns.  Does the car flash its parking lights 7 times after you press the transmitters Start button?  That means it hasn't done a tach learn yet and won't even try to do a remote start.

Its a long explaination but all you have to do is an Optional Tach Learn as described on page 6 of the install guide.  If you wired the G11 Start output (Yellow wire) to the 2 relays as shown in the Ready Remote guide, then the G11 has no direct connection to the cars start wire.  The G11 actually monitors its yellow start wire to "see" the car get started and then checks the Blue/White Tach wire for a valid tach input.  If the G11 never sees the yellow start wire go to +12 volts (while you have the key turned to the start position) it will never complete the tach learn.

You can check the tach signal from the ignition coil with your DMM.  Switch the selector switch over to the ACV area to a voltage that can read something in the range of 0.5v to 6 volts.  Then black probe to ground and red probe to the tach wire (Blue/White) with the engine running.

Soldering is fun!
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2009 at 6:28 AM / IP Logged  
If the ignition is not powered properly, the starter will not crank! In most cars even though ignition is unpowered the starter will still crank but the car won't start, not the case with your vehicle, the igniton must be on to allow cranking of the motor!
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
thejushinator 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2009 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  

T&T tech, I am really not sure what you mean. I have ignition wire one hooked up to the Blue wire on the R/S and ignition two wire hooked up to the White wire on the R/S. Is that what you mean ? Or do I have to someone hook the ignition wires to a 12v constant ?

I am getting ready to go back at it. Going to give it another 3-4 hours and see if I can get it working, if not I dont know what I will do.

t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2009 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  

NO, you don't have to connect the ignition to a constant source! That info was just so you would know!

thejushinator 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2009 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  

Hey everyone, it is up and running. Took about 30 min today, guess what was wrong.................

I didn't have the remotes programed into the g11-xr, DUH (I thought they were pre-programmed)

As soon as I programed those in and hit the start button it fired up perfect.

Once again I would like to thank everyone who helped me. Thanks guys.

t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2009 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  

Congratulations! Glad to know we could help!

thejushinator 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2009 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  

Oh no, I guess I spoke too soon. I checked everything before I tucked all the wires away and the car started fine. I wrapped all the wires up good and tight and put them under the steering column on the car. I then tested again to make sure it was still functioning. Wouldn't start. the park light would flash and the heater would come on then the guage would light up like it was going to start but it wouldn't attempt to crank. That was followed by 5 flashes of the parking light. So I checked the owners manual:

5 slow flashes: ignition on during start attempt (key not in ruled that out)

5 flashes: hood pin open (Checked, rechecked, and rechecked again, was functioning properly, no problems there)

So I was stumped on what the problem could be, I then opened up the install guide and it had different problems if the parking lights flased 5 times:

5 slow flashes: Ignition on during start attempt (Once again key not in ignition, ruled it out once again)

5 flashes: Brake pedal shutdown

Ok, so I have ruled out all other options, but I really dont know what brake pedal shutdown means. Does that mean the brake pedal is engaged during startup ? I checked multiple times the brake wasn't pressed down at all during startup. Can anyone point me in the right direction on what to be looking for with this problem ?

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2009 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
the brake wire will show 12v when it is pressed. did you test the brake shutdown wire that you tapped into at the brake pedal? the shutdown wire is used to dissengage the remote start if someone was to hop into the car without the key and try to shift into gear. probe the rs ignition wires again and verify they are not on constant 12v lines on the car. the wiring guide is nice, but they are not always correct. you have to verify by testing with a dmm
thejushinator 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2009 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  

I think that could be my culprit. So the wire I tap my brake wire into should show 0v at rest and 12v when the brake is pressed. Is that correct ?

If so I will check and make sure I tapped into the correct wire. I really didn't know how to check the brake wire so I just went by the guide.

tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2009 at 11:18 AM / IP Logged  
If the lights on the dash are coming on...Its just not cranking...Look at the starter and second starter wires , checking for power and output at the connections(on both the remote start and car)......The 2 - 12 volt leads from the ignition harness on the Remote Start that are connected to the vehicles Ignition harness...Check connection and power at connection and remote starts plug/harness...One is for system power and the other is for starter crank...Which wire did you add the relay for...? 2nd starter or 2nd ignition...Check that relay too...! There wasnt a bypass,if i remember from earlier...Usually the brake input will not let the vehicles dash lights to come on...and the cars heater to blow...But usually the remote start just wont respond or  Parking lights just flash...!
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic