icon

alarm/remote start wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Bushytea 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  

I am currently working on a 1998 Grand Marquis. I got most of the wires hooked up for power and ignition. I also hooked up the door lock/unlock wires and the parking lights but I get nothing when arming the system.

I am pretty positive I have the right wires. I have the lock going to a pink / YELLOW wire in the driver door kick panel and the unlock going to a pink/lt. green wire in the same location. However, when I hit the arm button nothing happens with the locks. It does have the keypad on the door as well.

I have a few sites that have wiring diagrams for this car but they seem to contradict each other in some areas. For example, 12volt says the factory disarm wire is GREEN/ purple but no other diagram that I find mentions this wire. The alarm I have has a wire that can be run to a factory alarm wire to disarm it so I wanted to double check with others to see if this is correct.

Thanks!

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  

Quote-"You're pretty positive".Quote

How pretty? DMM testing pretty? Or connecting straight from a diagram pretty?

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
Bushytea 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 3:23 PM / IP Logged  

Well as far as the constant power, accessory off the main power harness I DMM tested because multiple wiring diagrams showed different wires.

On the door locks and parking lights I went by the wiring diagram given here and in another post. Haven't really had any problems yet using diagrams but might not be working as well on this install.

t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 3:33 PM / IP Logged  
Does your vehicle come with the keyless entry fob or not? Test the parking light circuit, positive trigger, driver's kick panel!
Bushytea 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  

Well the person I am installing this for bought the car a few months ago and the person did not include the fob with it. After some research I found where it is considered keyless entry because it has the keypad on the door. I tested the locks and I get power to the lock wire of the system from the pink / YELLOW wire in the kick panel and no power when hitting unlock. Then it just the reverse when I hit unlock for the other wire.

So the parking light circuit is in the kick panel? It showed it was going to the LCM under the dash.

Thanks!

t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
The you have to five wire that setup! Those are the actuator wires you have!
Bushytea 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  

When I test from the brown (+) wire at the LCM it shows no power without the parking lights on, then there is power once I turn the parking lights on.

Bushytea 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  

t&t tech wrote:
The you have to five wire that setup! Those are the actuator wires you have!

oh really, I hate how many different wiring diagrams there are on the net. There is another one that said this about the setup:

NOTE *2 If vehicle is equipped with a FACTORY KEYLESS ENTRY System, then the vehicle has a Negative (-) Door Locking System, vehicles without FACTORY KEYLESS ENTRY, have a 5 Wire Reverse Polarity Door Locking System. Vehicles with the KEY PAD on the Door are considered to have KEYLESS ENTRY.

Not saying they are right because apparantly they may not be since the locks are not working.

t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  

The diagram on this site says it's brown!

I can't say for certain if that is the case with the locks! Maybe someone else can chime in! Cheers!

tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
Are the wires pretty thin...? How are you testing these wires...Test lead to what and what...? Also you should hear the brain clicking...Check the output on the system itself... What unit are you installing...Is that unit capable of triggering positive door locks...Or is it just a negative trigger coming from the unit(alarm or r/s)...?
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic