the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

for those with 08+ accords

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2009 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  

well i thought i would share this with fellow 08/9/10 accord owners.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/downloads.asp?srch=all&term=08+accord

This is a fortin wiring diagram with pictures. I will end up posting many more sometime soon.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2009 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
i got tons of pictures from the install i did for the girlfriends 08 accord coupe. Those are better as they actaully show location, plug and pinout.
Ted
Compustar Expert
mikvot 
Gold - Posts: 1,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2009 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
So you went into the door? I would of slammed an ads-al-ca in that badboy. Man I love that module.
tedmond 
Posted: December 24, 2009 at 5:50 AM / IP Logged  

for my own car, i used the honda-sl3 and the can-sl2, did the install within 2.5 hours. For the girlfriends car, i didnt want her to spend much so i did it the hard way, used the key-override-all, and wired everything hardwire. This took forever since i did door locks, disarm, trunk, all triggers, hood, window rollup/down, defrost etc. This car took approx almost 5 hours for me. An easy car to do, but i just took my time taking pics etc.

and yes i did go into the doors, but it was real easy for that.

Ted
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2009 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
Frankly, both you and especially t&t should be gold by now! Incidentally ref another post, CHINGRISH is actually spelt CHINGLISH but the guy who wrote? the manual would probably pronounce it CHINGLISH, by the way rule of thumb, if a remote start relies on an oil pressure switch, throw it away!
tedmond 
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 1:14 AM / IP Logged  

couldnt agree more howie!  trust me, i had a hand full of PITA units from china. I had my fun with them and never will I touch those again. Now its just DEI, Compustar, ultrastart or autopage all the way.

btw merry christmas to all, wishing you the very best for you and your families.

Ted
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 3:08 AM / IP Logged  
And the same to ALL
el ranchero 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
hey, marry christmas to you all, and a happy new year, one question is there a site here with auto star 101, ive been isntalling for 25 years im sort of old school installer remember the key round barrel switch hidden in the tire fender, that is how school i am, but hey i never got into the auto start, and was just wondering like i said if there is a 101 on autostarts, but hey thanks to 12volts and to all that are here.
rocker
tedmond 
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  

hey el ranchero, well autostarts are pretty much layed out as alarms. There are wires for start, ignition(s), accessories, parking lights, tach, door triggers, etc. If you have the wiring diagram to the car, its more or less just finding the wire, testing if its the correct one, and connecting the approriate wire from the alarm or starter to the car. Now with that being said, most if not all of the cars now contain some sort of theft detterance, such as Transponder key. In order to "override" the system, you need a bypass module which mimicks the code stored on the keys. The new Domestic cars now utilize a multiplex system that uses a MUX wire. Because technology grows fast, higher trim levels of certain cars contain factory alarms. If you install a remote start, the car will think its being stolen since igniton is powered, so you need to use factory arm/disarm outputs from the alarm/rs and connect them to the car.

if you want to read more about bypasses and what they can offer, check out www.ifar.ca www.idatalink.com www.bypasskits.com

those are some of the popular companies for bypasses that most intallers would say they can rely on. You can download wiring information to see how they are wired, and how they work. I would say over 25years of installing, some has changed for sure, but it all follows the same principle. sorry if i confused you more. maybe howie can be more of a help. hes been in the industry way before i was born!

merry xmas to all again !

Ted
Compustar Expert
el ranchero 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2009 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the help, like i said i been installign for 25 years, but just kept doing alarms i was told to learn the new but i was hard headed and said no, my attitude was  if you dont pay me more im not going to do any thing else, well it was my loss all this years, my adivice to any rookies out there learn has much has you can, if they dont pay you heck think of the experience and new knowlege you are gettin, i wish i could go back and do it again i would learn everything, like tinting, auto start gps all that stuff, well like i said my loss, thanks for your help, and marry christmas.
rocker
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic