icon

remote start on subaru tribeca

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
equate 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 1:11 AM / IP Logged  
For SUBARU Tribeca 2008, I see that factory disarm must use OEM remote only.
So how to install remote start in it? Every time remote starting, I have to press disarm on OEM remote first??
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 2:55 AM / IP Logged  
did you hook up keyless with the remote start or are you planning on just using the factory fobs.
if the factory fob then you must power up the key sense wire to make the fobs work with the engine running and that will disable the alarm.
if you hooked up keyless through the remote start then you don't have to disarm.
anyway that's what my software is saying
hope that helps
equate 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 3:40 AM / IP Logged  
monty_77 wrote:
did you hook up keyless with the remote start or are you planning on just using the factory fobs.
if the factory fob then you must power up the key sense wire to make the fobs work with the engine running and that will disable the alarm.
if you hooked up keyless through the remote start then you don't have to disarm.
anyway that's what my software is saying
hope that helps
I think I didn't make it clearly enough..Sorry
This car has factory alarm. I look on wiring of this car. it says "Disarm by OEM remoet only". So, if I install remote starter only, the factory alarm would not work, isn't it? if factory alarm is activated, I dont think it can be remote started.
So how to install remote start on it?
monty_77 
Copper - Posts: 491
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 3:44 AM / IP Logged  
most factory alarms are only door alarms they do not control the engine part of the equation.
that is a immobilizers job and that will have to be bypass to start the engine.
equate 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 3:57 AM / IP Logged  
monty_77 wrote:
most factory alarms are only door alarms they do not control the engine part of the equation.
that is a immobilizers job and that will have to be bypass to start the engine.
I dont understand this..what is door alarms? Doesn't factory alarm monitor Ignition wire/starter wire?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 6:51 AM / IP Logged  
factory alarm watch door triggers and ignition. If your car does not have a disarm wire, set the unit to unlock doors-start-then lock right after start. thaty way is the only method to override the factory alarm.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
equate 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
factory alarm watch door triggers and ignition. If your car does not have a disarm wire, set the unit to unlock doors-start-then lock right after start. thaty way is the only method to override the factory alarm.
So, after start, then lock back, factory alarm would not work, just door locks, right?
If a thief breaks the window, don't open door, just unlock it, then crank the starter wire and Ig wires, he will steel the car away??
I am new guy. Sorry if my questions are stupid....
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
well this car if remote started, if he hops in and trys to drive away, the brake shutdown will shut down the remote start. with the ignition key, the theif cant drive away, or hotwire for that fact since these cars come with immobilizers.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
Your questions aren't stupid, just some of the terminlogy is confusing.
Your car has two separate security systems, and this is wherein lies the confusion.
CONTENT THEFT A.K.A. FACTORY ALARM: This is what beeps the car's horn when someone opens the door with a coat hanger and tries to steal your personal items from the car's interior.
IMMOBILIZER A.K.A. TRANSPONDER KEY: This is the security "chip" inside the head of your keys, which is to prevent the car from being stolen. If someone breaks apart the ignition switch with a screwdriver, the car won't start, because the chip isn't present.
OK, so here's what you do:
IMMOBILIZER: The car came with three keys, right?
You'll get a universal transponder bypass module, such as a DEI 556U, Audiovox AS-TCBM, or similar.
One of your keys (probably your valet key) will go into this little box, stay there forever, and you won't see it again until you decide to remove the remote starter from the car.
Fortin (ifar.ca) makes a no-key-required bypass module, but it needs to be programmed by a Subaru dealer. By the time the dealer charges you 1 hour of labor to program it, it won't be worth it.
CONTENT THEFT:
You could just put a one-button remote starter in the car, and continue using the factory remote for your keyless entry, and to arm/disarm your factory alarm as you do now.
However, every time you remote start the car, the horn will honk briefly.
If you can't live with the horn, there's a procedure (in the car's owner's manual) to disable the factory alarm.
If you can't live with the beep, and also can't live without the alarm.....but you don't mind spending a little money, there are modules from ADS (idatalink.com) and Fortin (ifar.ca) that will disarm the factory alarm during remote start.
equate 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2009 at 8:04 AM / IP Logged  
Chris Luongo wrote:
Your questions aren't stupid, just some of the terminlogy is confusing.
Your car has two separate security systems, and this is wherein lies the confusion.
CONTENT THEFT A.K.A. FACTORY ALARM: This is what beeps the car's horn when someone opens the door with a coat hanger and tries to steal your personal items from the car's interior.
IMMOBILIZER A.K.A. TRANSPONDER KEY: This is the security "chip" inside the head of your keys, which is to prevent the car from being stolen. If someone breaks apart the ignition switch with a screwdriver, the car won't start, because the chip isn't present.
OK, so here's what you do:
IMMOBILIZER: The car came with three keys, right?
You'll get a universal transponder bypass module, such as a DEI 556U, Audiovox AS-TCBM, or similar.
One of your keys (probably your valet key) will go into this little box, stay there forever, and you won't see it again until you decide to remove the remote starter from the car.
Fortin (ifar.ca) makes a no-key-required bypass module, but it needs to be programmed by a Subaru dealer. By the time the dealer charges you 1 hour of labor to program it, it won't be worth it.
CONTENT THEFT:
You could just put a one-button remote starter in the car, and continue using the factory remote for your keyless entry, and to arm/disarm your factory alarm as you do now.
However, every time you remote start the car, the horn will honk briefly.
If you can't live with the horn, there's a procedure (in the car's owner's manual) to disable the factory alarm.
If you can't live with the beep, and also can't live without the alarm.....but you don't mind spending a little money, there are modules from ADS (idatalink.com) and Fortin (ifar.ca) that will disarm the factory alarm during remote start.
Hi Chris
Thanks so much for your reply.
After review your answer, I have following questions. Most important is regarding the factory alarm.
1. I understand immobilizer prevents car stolen. My question is: What does factory alarm do? Monitors door and ignition? Or just door only?
2. On Tedmond's reply, he/she said "If your car does not have a disarm wire, set the unit to unlock doors-start-then lock right after start. thaty way is the only method to override the factory alarm." My question regarding this is :after start, then lock back, will factory alarm work? or just doors are locked?
3. 2nd question continued with No#2 above, after lock back, if car equiped with factory shock sensor, will this sensor work? if it works, it should alarm too because car might be shaking when engine is running.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic