the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2004 altima immobilizer problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xtac1080 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2009 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
Installing a Viper 5901 in an 04 Altima. Vehicle does not have factory alarm. Everywhere I look, including Mitchell On-Demand, I see that the data wire coming off the immobilizer circuit is blue/red. The tech sheet that came with the IM05 says that it is a 6 pin connector. These are all wrong. I have a 4 pin connector, with wires black, yellow/black, WHITE/ blue, and pink. Any ideas?
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 28, 2009 at 1:46 AM / IP Logged  
Are you sure you are looking at the correct harness? According to Idatalink and Firstech you need an 8 pin harness. They offer pictures of the ignition barrel and plug if you need a visual.
xtac1080 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2009 at 3:38 AM / IP Logged  
I am 100% certain I am looking at the correct harness. I have wrapped wire around transponder modules a million times before. I even followed the 4 wires coming off it as far as I could in hopes they would change color somewhere...fail. If I unplug the harness from the module, the vehicle will just crank but not start and the security light above the cluster will illuminate steady indicating the wrong transponder code has been received.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 28, 2009 at 7:49 AM / IP Logged  
Whatever sheet comes with the bypass module may or may not be correct.
Go to www.xpressdownload.com, then somewhere in the upper right click "Install guides" or whatever it says there.
Then you'll see a bunch of different products, click on the XK05. (P.S. Your Omega IM05 is just a rebadged Trilogix XK05.)
Then there will be some different firmwares there...for Mazdas, Toyotas, and whatnot. Click on the appropriate firmware for your car (PKN-something....PKN2 probably) and you should see the correct install guide.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2009 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  

the info i have, there are 2 connector types. Either it is 8pin or 6pin connector at immobilizer ring.

For 6pin connector

Data - Pin # 6
Ground - Pin # 4
Security LED - Pin # 3
Ignition - Pin # 2
12v constant - Pin # 1

For 8 pin connector

Data - Pin # 8
Ground - Pin # 5
Security LED - Pin # 4
Ignition - Pin # 2
12v constant - Pin # 1

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
xtac1080 
Posted: December 28, 2009 at 11:35 AM / IP Logged  
I have the PKN2 install guide. It shows this model should have either a 6 pin or 8 pin connector, but this is not the case. It is indeed a 4 pin connector. I was going to take a picture but my digital camera was no where to be found. The wires again are black, yellow/black, WHITE/ blue, and pink coming off the transponder. This is getting frustrating. I appreciate the help though.
xtac1080 
Posted: December 28, 2009 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
Does anyone perhaps have links to pictures?
xtac1080 
Posted: December 28, 2009 at 11:53 AM / IP Logged  
Or a way to test which of the four wires is the one I need?
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2009 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  

by chance do you have a camera phone you could take a picture of this plug/harness?

xtac1080 
Posted: December 28, 2009 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
dasbogie wrote:

by chance do you have a camera phone you could take a picture of this plug/harness?

The vehicle has left my presence, unfortunately.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic