icon

2004 jeep liberty remote start problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rulevoid 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2009 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, I installed a Compustar 1WAM-S remote starter with the CM6200 module in a 2004 Jeep Liberty with black keys. I installed according to the wiring in the following thread: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~41446
I wired it exactly like the posting shows, with one accessory and two ignitions. The CM6200 came with another external relay that i used for the second ignition and tied it in with a signal for secondary ignition from the module.
I synced up the remotes and was trying to test it out and no matter what i do and what i have plugged in, whether it be everything or just power and ground, when i try to hit the remote start button for the 2.5 seconds as called for, the car blinks the parking lights 3 times which means it had an error when trying to start. Then it flashes one more time meaning it was error code 1 which says the motor is already running. It even said this with only power and ground so i have no idea what i have done wrong. Seems to me like the CM6200 is in some weird mode. I made sure it is not in valet mode and i also made sure to cut the inner jumper wire as the installation called for to set it to work with an automatic transmission.
I spent 8 hours fooling with it and finally gave up and decided to consult the experts. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks ahead of time!
ceasar326 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2009 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
Try programming 2-10 to option 3. It would be the no tach signal. That code also means tach wire not learn. Hope this helps.
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2009 at 12:53 AM / IP Logged  

1 flash also means that you need to program tach before the first remote start sequence

what did you connect the yellow/black tach wire to??

Have you programmed tach yet??

rulevoid 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2009 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  
i can't find out how to program it. How would I program 2-10 to option 3?
I had tach connected to fuel injector wire not ground and i have tried it at multiple 12volt spots in the engine compartment then tried the tach learn sequence to no avail.
rulevoid 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2009 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
Also according to NowYaKnow in this thread:
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=47979&KW=jeep+liberty+2004+remote+start
he shows a different wiring scheme. Which is correct? I have tried wiring as both.
rulevoid 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2009 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
I called firstech and they told me how to program the tach setting stuff so i will try that in a couple hours and see if that fixes it.
rulevoid 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2010 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
Looks like it was an issue with tach. I ended up doing what was suggested and set it to no tach (must be looking at 12volt constant im assuming). With this one change, all of a sudden it works perfectly. Thanks for the tips guys. I can't believe there is nowhere online or in a manual that tells the user how to program those options. I will post up a little guide when i get home next week for other people like me who had no idea how to program the Compustar stuff. Thanks again!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2010 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
were you not given the installation manual and user guide? all the info should be given to you. if not the programming is similar if not identicle to the cm5000 brain. http://www.staub.ca/pdf/manuals/Firstech/CM5000-Series-Manual.pdf
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
rulevoid 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2010 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
Right I was never given any kind of manual and when i called Compustar, I told them i was looking for it online and the guy told me I wouldnt be able to find one and that only dealers would have a manual. It was very odd to me too. But yea thanks! That manual looks like the exact same thing that the guy manually told me over the phone. Thanks again!
rulevoid 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2010 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  
I was rigged up the two relays as shown in the post i referred to in the first post for the lock unlock 1-wire system. Its ready to go but I cant seem to find out where exactly the wire is. Does anyone have a better tip as to where i should be looing? Left of fusebox i dont see anything other than fusebox stuff and not the 26pin or whatever black connector they are referring too. I also cant find the trunk release wire. Any help is appreciated!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic