icon

clifford 50.7x wiring, 99 chevy 3500

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hawks 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2009 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  

I am looking for some ideas and advice on installing a clifford 50.7x alarm system on my 1999 Chevy 3500 crew cab.  I have been customizing this truck all year and I am now at the point where I am going to start putting the stuff on it that people would want to steal.  So now is the time to put on the alarm.

I would like some advice on sensors that will protect my wheels, audio & video and of course the vehicle.  Tilt sensor DEI 507m?  I have heard some vague conflicting stories.  People seem to love em or hate em.  It sounds to me that the installation makes or breaks this sensor.  Audio sensor DEI 506t for glass break?  I am also considering the battery backup DEI 520t as sometimes this vehicle sits for short periods without being driven and this would keep the alarm system active if the car battery goes dead?  A battery backup siren?  Since this truck is so long I am also considering putting a second impact sensor at the rear of the vehicle behind the tail light to pick up anything out back and under the hard cover.  I also want to put window up/down.  In the summer with four windows it seems it would be easier to just get out and push one button that rolls up the windows and locks the doors.

Do I have it right?  Am I missing something or is it overkill?  How would you set it up?

Thanks

Rod

hawks 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  

I am looking for some ideas and advice on installing a clifford 50.7x alarm system on my 1999 Chevy 3500 crew cab.  I have been customizing this truck all year and I am now at the point where I am going to start putting the stuff on it that people would want to steal.  So now is the time to put on the alarm.

I would like some advice on sensors that will protect my wheels, audio & video and of course the vehicle.  Tilt sensor DEI 507m?  I have heard some vague conflicting stories.  People seem to love em or hate em.  It sounds to me that the installation makes or breaks this sensor.  Audio sensor DEI 506t for glass break?  I am also considering the battery backup DEI 520t as sometimes this vehicle sits for short periods without being driven and this would keep the alarm system active if the car battery goes dead?  A battery backup siren?  Since this truck is so long I am also considering putting a second impact sensor at the rear of the vehicle behind the tail light to pick up anything out back and under the hard cover.  I also want to put window up/down.  In the summer with four windows it seems it would be easier to just get out and push one button that rolls up the windows and locks the doors.

Do I have it right?  Am I missing something or is it overkill?  How would you set it up?

Thanks

Rod

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,603
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  

You're correct about the motion sensor! Installatiom makes or breaks it, second impact sensor is not a bad idea, Back up battery is great also, but see if you can locate a small 12volt battery that can discharge at a rate of about ten amps per hour or so! Dei's battery really isn't alot to talk about! The home alarm companies use them, it's where i purchase mines!

Never used the back up battery siren from dei, can't help you there! Window roll, Dei's 530t is the best way to go, that module is excellent, plus, if your installer goes to each motor, you can have express up and down at driver and passenger controls!

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
hawks 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2009 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  

I am getting ready to do a first time installl of an alrm/remote start system.  I have a couple of questions I would appreciate some imput on before I dive into the installation so I don't blow it up.

There seem to be 4 seperate 12V(+) constant wires. 1-Red on alarm side and 1-RED / White, 1-Red and 1-RED / Black on the Remote start side. 

1)  Do these all need to be connected to a 12V(+) power source for every installation for the system to work properly or are some of these for optional accessories?   

2)  Where is the best and easiest place to connect them.  The battery, ingnition source or some other location? 

3)  Can I connect them all together at the the same 12V(+) source with one in line 15A fuse or should I connect them in seperate location with each having it's own in line 15A fuse?

Thank you for any help.

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2009 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
The answers:-
1) Yes
2) Depends on the vehicle (try telling us what it is)battery is best
3) Separate fuses are a MUST
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2009 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  

for the 4 12 volt wires

1)   tell us what kind of car you are working on and then we can tell you what 12 volt wires you need

2)   again, depending on the car, some cars you can connect to the ignition harness for 12 volys, some you need to go to the battery

3) don't connect them together

joebubba 
Copper - Posts: 107
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2009 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
05gt wrote:
]3) don't connect them together

If they're all separately fused, why not?
Just asking, don't go postal on me.
hawks 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2009 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry, I have a 1999 Chevy CK truck crew cab long bed.

So should I connect them to seperate locations and use an in line fuse within 12 inches of where I tap into anlong with the in line fuse that comes with the gear?

05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2009 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  

I was far from going postal, all I said was don't connect them together, it wasn't meant to be offensive

sure all seperately fused is fine, but with the three wires on the same solder joint I wouldn't do it, I am not counting the small gauge 12 volt wire because it hardly draws anything

If I remember right you have a red and a RED / white at the ignition switch, connect 2 of your 12 volt wires on seperate solder joints to one of these wires and the other 2 12 volt wires to the other one

these 12 volt wires at the ignition switch are more than enough to handle what you are doing

hawks 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2010 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  

These wires are only drawing power when the alarm is activated or running an accessory such as a window module or something and on the remote start when cranking the engine.  Otherwise they have no power draw while the truck is running.  Is this correct?

Okay.  So on the remote start heavy gauge wiring I have,

Alarm/RS         =           Vehicle

Pink Ignition 1 output (also ignition sense input) = Pink(+) Ignition one

RED / White 12v(+) constant fused 30a input (contact 87 of RS Flex Relay) = battery(+)

Orange accessary = I am not sure what to do with this wire since I don't have climate control.  Or, do they mean any heating or AC controls.  Should I hook it up to the orange wire that feeds my heating and AC controls?

Violet starter = Yellow(+) starter output side

Green starter = Yellow(+) starter input side

Red 12v(+) constant fused 30a input (for ignition1 relay) = Battery(+)

Pink/White Flex Relay output (defalut is ignition2) = White(+) ignition 2

Pink/Black Flex Relay contact 87a (default is ignition2) = What would this be used for and connected to what?

RED / Black 12v(+) constant fused 30a input (for accessory and starter relays) = Battery(+)

For RS inputs,

BLACK/ White neautral safety(-) input = Ground since I have an automatic

Violet/White tach input = White tach wire at ECM

Brown brake shut down(+) input = White(+) at brake pedal

Gray(-) input = Hood pin switch

Blue/White 2nd remote status(-) 200ma output Defogger (programmable)  = I would like to hook this up to my rear window/mirror defogger but I am at a loss on how to wire it up.  I do know that the wiring is a 10 gauge purple wire.

RS Outputs,

Blue RS status(-) 200mA output = What?

Pink RS ignition1(-) 200mA output = What?

Violet RS starter(-) 200mA outpu = What?

Orange RS accessory(-) 200mA output = What?

Pink/White flex(-) 200mA output (default setting is ignition2) = What?

Thank you for your time and help I appreciate it.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic