icon

viper 5101 cranks but no start 06 accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2010 at 3:31 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for that last post, Jeremy it appears our friend is joining to wires based on given colours rather than actual testing. My attitude on seeing that plug would be to test all starting with the blue red.
Joining without testing = very very expensive.
N.B. Set your DMM to 20VAC not DC.
earz 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2010 at 7:56 AM / IP Logged  

hey guys, thanks for the comments

howie - I read your post "Rookies and all needing advise". I have read everything I could find on my particular application. Everything I have read, including wiring charts for those years ahead and behind, state that the tach wire for the V6 is in the gray plug, pin 23.

I posted the picture to show that my pin 23 was empty and was hoping someone had a little insight on it. I have tested all my connections prior to making them because I'm aware of the damages that can result from not doing so.

My questions have been answered. As of now, the virtual tach setting on the 5101 seems to be performing well, despite the very cold weather. I will continue running it this way, unless I start having problems with it.

[IMG]https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/earz_cd/plug.jpg[/IMG]

earz 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2010 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  

sorry, that pic didn't seem to work

viper 5101 cranks but no start 06 accord - Page 2 -- posted image.

earz 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2010 at 3:09 AM / IP Logged  

Not being satisfied with not knowing, I went to my local library and used their resources. They have access to Mitchells online repair guides. It's a very complete and extensive database. The wiring diagrams and component locations are provided courtesy of American Honda Motor Co. I printed what I needed, and have attached them in form a .pdf file. (I am not trying to distribute copyrighted material, these are merely for reference - I got this material from the reference section of my library)

Every wiring guide that I've found for the 2006 Accord (including a year before and after) say to get tach signal either from the ignition coil (choose wire that is not black or BLACK/ white) or from the PCM (On the 4 cylinder models the tach wire is in the white 31 pin connector E, pin 25. On the 6 cylinder models it is in the gray connector A, pin 23). If you look at the first image (click first link) you will notice that the gray connector is in fact connector A. Then you go on to look at the wiring diagram (in the pdf). Page 4 shows the coils in the lower right corner. If you trace the wires (any that aren't black or BLACK/ white) back to the PCM (shown on page 5), you will notice that they go to pins 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 of connector E (the white 31 pin connector). Hmmmm. No wonder I couldn't find the correct wire. BTW - connector A is shown on page 1 of the pdf file

http://www.4shared.com/file/210313211/f260a941/pcm.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/210312720/103d6f9a/PCM_wiring_diagram.html

I also did some checking on the rear defogger wire. I had to search many pages of the manual, but I found it. The yellow/black wire described by bbtaco

bbtaco wrote:
I think the defroster wiring in the 03 model may be the same as the 06. This is for an 06 EX(without auto climate control) or LX. While lying on your back under the drivers side dash, look at the very top area under the dash for a 20 pin brown connector. At pin #6 there is a small yellow/black wire that goes to the rear defogger. This wire can be activated by a timed (-) output from your rs. I have my wifes Accord wired like this and it works fine. Check all wiring with a DMM.

is the correct wire. The 20 pin brown connector he mentions is not shown in the diagram below, but it is a junction of the lower left dash harness and the upper engine harness.

The connector in question is C401 and this is the only yellow/black wire in that connector. The yellow black wire comes from the relay (under the hood), goes through this connector, and goes to the rear defogger switch in the audio/hvac unit. The switch itself is a DPST switch that completes the circuit to ground to light the LED in the switch and to activate the relay.

http://www.4shared.com/file/210313300/9dbec2a1/rear_defogger_wiring.html

I'm merely posting this to close this topic - although you can reply if you like. I hate running across a question on a forum that I'd like to know the answer to and it never gets updated or answered. Thanks for reading!

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic