icon

2005 BMW 325i And Viper 5901

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kfarrell817 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2010 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
I just bought a Viper 5901 and I am looking to install it soon. But i want it so for one of the aux's it will activate the heat warming seats and the rear defroster. What are the wire colors and locations for the heated seats and the rear defroster?
Also on the Viper 5901 install guide, for the remote start pin, it has some wires that I have no clue where they go.
1. What is the difference between Starter output and Starter input?
2. What are all these Flex Relay inputs and outputs?
3. This wire is on the main harness. The door triggers. Do I have to connect all four door triggers to the same wire or is there a main door trigger wire in my car?
Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2010 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
First test by turning on the ignition and turning on the seat heaters and defrosters. Turn off only the ignition. If they stay on, then all you have to do is to leave them on the night before.
2005 is a changeover year. Is yours an E46 or later?
Whichever I guarantee you wont find separate relays, they're all controlled by the body management computer so if they don't stay on, you are going to have to find the wire that goes to 12v, e.g. under the seats or floor looms and again the floor loom for the rear defrost and relay them.
As for your other questions:-
1) That's an immobiliser and anti-grind circuit, not necessary BUT cut the BLACK/ blue starter wire, green to key side and violet to starter side. If you don't want to cut, simply join the violet to the BLACK/ blue starter wire.
2) RTFM which also applies to 1) above.
3) Connect the violet + sensing door trigger wire to the RED / blue puddle lamp input wire under driver's dash adjacent to the OBDll data connector. N.B. There's a thin black wire on the corner pin, that's your tach feed. DON'T use voltage sense, it's not reliable.
Please specify what model, E46/E60 etc. I wrote the book on the E46.
kfarrell817 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2010 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
Its an e46.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2010 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
Here you go:-
I really ought to cut and paste previous posts!
All these at driver's side.
12v+ Constant, RED / green and RED / blue* at ignition loom.
Ignition Light Green ditto
Starter BLACK/ blue ditto
2nd. Ignition Violet ditto
Lights. Look up tech info on this site, rest of the world bar N/America uses a different system
Lock WHITE/ black driver's door entry cable in kickwell NEG.
Unlock Blue/red ditto, NEG. extend lock pulse (Programme comfort close on Viper) to close windows/roof if applicable.
Door contacts (all) RED / blue at puddle lamp under dash, POS.
Trunk contact WHITE/ brown floor loom right hand side. NEG.
Hood PURPLE / green at switch, right hand side engine bay. (Black plastic push switch)NEG.
Tach black at OBDll adjacent to puddle lamp
Trunk release, very pale Grey/green** next to brake wire which is either Blue/black or GREEN/ black*** next to trunk trigger and trunk sensor wires, level with rear of front seat, right hand floor loom.
Notes:
* Not sure of exact secondary wire but there are 2 thick reds, distribute your fused lines evenly to these.
** RED / white on Viper to relay 85, 12v+ constant to 86 and 75, 5amps fused, 30 to trunk release wire.
*** TEST TEST TEST There are multiples in these colours, you can't pick up at the brake switch, it's DATA!
By-Pass The best is still the 556UW, wire as European, no antenna loop, can't remember the car's colours but the steering column cowling is dead easy to pull off. Use the Grey Valet key, DO NOT use any other in the 556, you will have all sorts of lock and start problems if you use a regular key with the remotes. You have been warned.
Good luck and test each stage before proceeding to the next.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2010 at 2:20 AM / IP Logged  
Ref your PM keep your posts here in case others may want to comment or give you advice.
If you have to ask what those other wires are for as I said don't do this yourself!
GWR aka status energises your by-pass which If you use the valet key should also disarm factory alarm.
The black white if auto should go to the reverse light wire, if manual to the parking brake wire.
Accessory is already connected via ign 2.
kfarrell817 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2010 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
Well i decided to do it myself. If I can't get it to work then ill take it to a shop. But Im usually good at figuring these things out after some research. Can you just check that I have these wires correct.
Viper Harness - Car/Bypass Module
Ignition 1 input/output - Ignition (Green)
(87) Flex Relay input (30A Fused) - Constant 12v
Accessory Output - Accessory
Started Output (car side of the starter kill) - Starter
Starter input (Key side) - Starter Key Side
Ignition 1 Input (30A Fused) - Constant 12v
(30) Flex Relay Output - Ignition 2 (purple)
(87a) Flex Relay Input - N/A
Accessory/Starter Relay Input (30A Fused) - Constant 12v
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2010 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  
Correct! But use don't use the Viper's acc output, use the IGN 2 output from the Viper to the Violet ACC on on the car, otherwise it won't start, it's the way the car's ignition switch is wired, where the ACC stays live on crank (applies to all BMWs) and aids in starting the car.
kfarrell817 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2010 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks. But on another note. I got my bypass module today. The guy sent me the 555B instead of the 556UW. Can it still be done with the 555B? I noticed that my keypad does not fit into the plastic block/hole inside the module. Could I just flip the key around and put the actual key itself through the hole?
Also if this bypass module will work. What color is the transponder ring antenna wire?
Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2010 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
Send it back you asked for a 556UW, they are readily available.
As a side issue what key did you try? The regular with the lock/unlock buttons?
Two wires, thin come from the antenna ring around the ignition switch.
kfarrell817 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 23, 2010 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
Is it possible to use the 555b or do i have to use the 556uw? Also i used the standard key with unlock, lock, and pop trunk.
Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic