howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2010 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  
Are you for real?
DON'T INSTALL THIS YOURSELF!!!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2010 at 6:54 AM / IP Logged  

kfarrell817 wrote:
[QUOTE=howie ll] No 1N4004 is the safest, buy 5 2 for the trunk lights, 2 for the locks and one for the trunk release relay.
Tedmund he isn't doing indicators, I'll email what the indicator setup looks like, 4 x 1N5404s for the front and backs and 2 x 1N4004s for the side. Since don't seem able could you post the pictures for our friend?
RED / yellow feeds to trunk lights, diode inline, bands towards light, lock and unlock wires inline diodes, bands towards alarm, trunk relay, diode across 85 and 86 with band towards 86 when 86 is pos. side of relay coil.
Don't really understand what you mean when you said "bands towards alarm, trunk relay, diode across 85 and 86 with band towards 86 when 86 is pos. side of relay coil."
And with comfort close. Your said "also extend lock via comfort close," Does this mean to extend the lock wire to the lock wire on the viper brain?[/QUOTE

BAND, means when you look at the diodes, there is a cathode and anode side. the silver band is very noticable, so follow Howies instructions. 85 and 86 are the terminals of the relay.

when you said, extend the lock wire to the lock wire on the viper brain, i had a good laugh. the lock wire on the car is used for comfort closure as well. a single pulse to this wire will lock doors, when the pulse is exteneded for 12 seconds, windows close(roll up). vice versa for unlock wire. But IMO, if you have to ask questions like this, I suggest you have a shop install it, afterall you dont want to damage a bmw.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2010 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  

Oh my goodness becky look at the diode, it is so big. It must stop some type of feedback or something.

"dont ground out!"
kfarrell817 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2010 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
I called my dealership for a valet key price. They said they don't make them for my model bmw? Only the regular key with the 3 buttons. Can I use the regular key or this guy at the dealership lieing to me?
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,601
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2010 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  

He's probably trying to stop you from wrecking your car! 2005 BMW 325i And Viper 5901 - Page 5 -- posted image.

Really, you should seriously consider geting this professionally installed, bmw's really aren't the cars you wanna start off with, unless, well, you have a big bank account, if you do, by all means, Proceed!

JW.ORG.
COMMIT YOUR WAY TO JEHOVAH AND HE WILL ACT IN YOUR BEHALF.
PSALMS 37:5
kfarrell817 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2010 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged  
So do they actually make a valet key for my car model or not?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 07, 2010 at 2:36 AM / IP Logged  
The stealership is lying, EVERY BMW of your model came new with 2 regular and 1 grey Valet key. I've seen them in the owners book on new BMWs!
The first E46 I did was a Russian owned German market model, the guy lived here in the UK and he came back from a London dealership the next day with the Valet key!
kfarrell817 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2010 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
I started the install today. But I have a quick question about two of the diodes. You said "lock and unlock wires inline diodes, bands towards alarm". Which way is the alarm? Towards to General Module or going away from it?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2010 at 1:43 AM / IP Logged  
I really can't understand this question, surely you know where your alarm is? The lock/unlock green and blue wires plug into the alarm with a white plug. That's the end the bands face. Sure I've already said all this ad nauseum.
Do me a favour, if you're anywhere near Pittsburgh, contact Chris Wallace via this site and have him professionally install this for you.
Every time you ask one of these questions, the less faith I have in your abilities. It's a nice car, please don't make it a very expensive car.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2010 at 6:12 AM / IP Logged  

i agree, the questions seem very simple and straightforward. we give you info but you dont seem to comply and understand, afterall we try to make it easy on you.

hey howie, i saw that security vehicle, i bet the electrical is wrapped in that "convoluted loom" but instead of being plastic its metal for added security.

i odnt think you need an alarm/rs on that, im sure no one has the guts to steal it ahah.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic