icon

chrsall troubleshooting

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2010 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
So after looking at this diagram you sent me, i find it weird that there is no brake input, or IGN wires run, even though in the CHALL d2d instructions you have to connect those.
So, don't even use the relay because it is not needed for your vehicle. There is a + start wire, but it is not required for remote start, so remote any wires connected to that. So basically pull the relay out and anything you had attached to it.
Plus you are only pulling 2A instead of 20A from the IGN cylinder. So what I fear has happened is when you wired it up originally you popped the fuse for that 2A lead. So if you have a multi-meter, set it to continuity and start checking both fuse boxes for a fuse that doesn't have continuity.
Make sure you cut the loop on the Xstart module.
You're right the MUX wire should be connected to the WHITE/ black on the CHALL, but MAKE SURE YOU SOLDER THIS WIRE. It is very important that you do because any increased resistance because of a faulty connection can cause issues. And I usually try to make my connection as close as possible to the plugs so I know exactly which one I am grabbing.
Also, your parking light (brown) wire is connected to WHITE/ light green at the switch using a relay with an 1130 ohm resistor?
If not the relay will be as follows. This will not show if it works unless you actually get the vehicle to remote start.
85- (Brown off XKEY module)
86- 12v constant (WHITE/ tan at blue plug)
87- To WHITE/ green at the switch cut in in half and this will go to the car side, but put the 1130 ohm resistor in series.
30- This goes to the CAR SIDE of the wire of the WHITE/ green you cut in half at the switch.
87A- This goes to the SWITCH SIDE of the wire of the WHITE/ green you cut in half at the switch.
Just out of curiosity, is you Black and red wires from the XStart module connected to anything?
specs 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2010 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
Hi yimke, will try what you suggest above when I get access to the truck over the next couple days....thank you! As far as your questions go....no, the red and black from the xstart module are not connected, also I have the brown parking light running direct to the WHITE/ green at switch....so I need to set that up as you describe using a relay and 1130 ohm resistor?? Going to send you a copy of the other wiring diagram included with kit (says this is for 2007 and up vehicles WITHOUT positive starter wire)....this sounds more like what you're describing above only it doesn't tap into the Mux wire either.Let me know what you think.....specs
yimke 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2010 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  

Ignore my last post on the relay.  I actually looked it up at work and 07 up rams have no + start wire.  So basically leave it the way we had just verify the wiring of the relay.

As for your parking lights, this will not affect the remote starting, but it might not go on when it is.  From my understanding of the diagram the brown is just a negative trigger.  Since the ohm resistance vary from each dodge/chrysler I would assume you would have to do it the way I described, but I could be wrong at it might automatically correct for the resistance from the MUX wire.  Just make sure the MUX wire is soldered as stated above.

specs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2010 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  
So if I'm understanding you correctly, leave the start relay in, wired as the diagram says? Or are you advising me to wire the relay the way you suggested in your post on the first page? Thanks again for all your time on this...
yimke 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2010 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
Leave it in and wire it how it says in the diagram 2004-2006. But change the power source to the WHITE/ tan in the blue plug for your 86 and 87 pins. 30 goes to the + starter which is pin 2 of the ignition switch. Finally pink/black goes to 85.
I think you have it wired up this way, but just clarifying. You should hear this relay click whenever you try to remote start it. If not, measure the pink/black wire it should read 12v at rest and ground or 0v when you press remote start. I know some units had bad outputs of this wire.
I think your clicking of the relays when it is supposed to start actually might be a trouble code, so count how many times it clicks. I am guessing it is either your hood pin is touching ground, or the loop is not cut for automatic transmission mode.
specs 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2010 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
Will do, this is the way it is wired already but will change power source, re-check all connections and measure pink/blk at both rest and r/s. Also, loop is cut and will double check hood pin....I'll report back if successful or not, thks
bikewiz 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2010 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  

i assumed you found the problem and didn't post the solution?

I've got an 2006 Ram diesel with a python 991(viper 5902) and a CHALL bypass.  Everything works except it wont crank the truck over on remote start.  Set the python to auto trans mode, 15 sec start delay.  Wire the CHALL up with a CHTH2 harness using W2W as I've heard D2D has issues at times. Have a relay wired using the instructions exactly for the MUX wire.

Weird thing is I can start the truck with the key, enable remote start, and then pull the key out and the truck stays running.

When the system tries to start the truck, i get 12v to the blue/red + starter wire that I connected to at the ignition switch, but no cranking.  The only thing I do notice is the check engine light flashes when the system tries to start the truck. 

Any ideas?

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic